SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im having a problem with my 2005 v70r. I just replaced the pcv system because I was getting an oil smell in the car. I got everything back together and double checked all of the hoses and fittings and when I started the car I was getting a lot of white smoke out of the exhaust. I drained the oil again and found coolant in the oil. I took the manifold off again and it looks like there was coolant in it. I realize it could be a blown head gasket but I dont think so because I didnt touch anything near the head gasket. please help.

thanks
kaleb

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Coolant does run through the PCV pipe. Although I've never heard of this kind a failure, it is possible that coolant is leaking in to the vent hose some how. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause coolant in the oil after PCV service.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Have you got a leak near or along the pipe, banjo fitting at the inlet manifold? .
As it carries coolant and a vac into the inlet manifold.

This pipe .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. Im going to check on that right now. I took my old pipe apart to see how it worked out of curiosity and thought it was kind of an odd connection. I did have some troubles getting the banjo bolt on to the intake manifold which might of made the connection loose.

I will let you know what I find.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe its a faulty pipe. just pulled it off and the hose fitting that connects to the top of the breather box has coolant in it. I ran water through the hose that connects to the thermostat housing and it comes out the banjo bolt on the other side of the pipe and the fitting that connects to the top of the breather box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts