SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I put the R's summer shoes back on the Pegs today and was a little annoyed at how long it was taking, so I poked my head into the bay to see what was going on.

She was off the lift, and they had the hood open. All the guys in the shop (NTB) were pointing at various things and looking the car over...interior, engine (custom air intake was put on yesterday..quite obnoxious), brakes, exhaust. When they brought the car out of the bay, the guy was full of questions, and dare I say it, in awe of the caR.

"I never saw that model Volvo before. That's a sweet ride. F***ing 6-speed man!" I told him what I had done to it so far (he thought the stripes came with the car). He suggested a boost gauge and boost increase. So I told him about the various tunes but mostly about the prototype R boost gauge matching the gauge cluster and his eyes lit up. "That sounds HOT!" was his reaction, with a huge smile.

They all came out to watch me drive away, to hear the car. It was a neat experience, and reminds me again how aweseom this caR really is!!

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
Re: Cool experience at tire shop (T5 for Life)

I brought today old engine-oil, frying oil, empty batteries (aa,aaa,... those ones), old metal stuff, jars (spirits) and an old pc-monitor and two old motherboards to the local village-recycler-yard. There were some new young men working there (at least i never saw them there) and one of them wanted to buy soon a S60 so inspected my car fully and they all liked the flashgreen I can tell ... wished him luck with finding one in flashgreen, he didn't knew that an R was something special
But they helped me unloading

He didn't wanted an Estate version, the trunk size was his major concern. told him the opening is indeed a bit small but you can fold down the rearbench instandly (hear me as a salesmen
) but if you want loading space there is always the v70. His answer: " no no no"

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Re: Cool experience at tire shop (JARMO)

My R has got a lot of attention lately.

Some kids on bikes rode in front of me at a stop sign and one yelled, "Hey, sweet car man!" and another said, "peel out!" haha.

When I had the car is to get the Svenske exhaust modified, the guys who did the work really liked the car. They asked typical questions. I happened to have my QBM lower tranny mount in the trunk and the guy liked me enough and offered to install it for free. I said sure, why not.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts

Quote, originally posted by T5 for Life »
So, I put the R's summer shoes back on the Pegs today
... All the guys in the shop (NTB) were pointing at various things and looking the car over
Ditto, just drove home with the 18" pegs installed. With the A4's, Acuras and whatever cars in the other lifts, when the wheels came off the R and the techs noticed the brakes it's like they're suddenly looking up Kate Beckinsale's skirt; drop whatever they were doing. My VR was last in / first out of that shop.

I can't wait for the Eibach's to go in now, the rear appears even higher with the lower profile 18" tires, not appropriate at all! Anyways, it's so nice to have the steering and suspension response back to where it belongs, it's such an upgrade from the winter gumballs!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Cool experience at tire shop (-Pascal)

It feels so much better to drive with "real tires" on the car again. And the Bridgestones are WAY better than the Pirellis that came with the car. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
3,517 Posts

Quote, originally posted by T5 for Life »
And the Bridgestones are WAY better than the Pirellis that came with the car. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

in what? sideseeing?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Cool experience at tire shop (JARMO)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.