SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent the last few days researching all types of info while deciding on which pads to purchase. After reading many positve reviews on the poerterfields, in addition to Jim Lill's comments, I decided to get the R4-S. Supposedly, they have decent cold bite and excellent high temp ceiling as well as low dust.<p>However, I came across an interesting brochure that made me think about disk ring option for those that have the EST or Evolve two pieve rotors. It would be interesting to see if any of the available stoptech rings would bolt up to the hats of EST/Evolve. This information could influence one's decision to purchase one over another as well.<p>Here's the link to download pdf: <A HREF="http://www.stoptech.com/products/img/0605AeroRotorDataSheet.pdf" TARGET="_blank">http://www.stoptech.com/produc...t.pdf</A> <p>Kevin

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: Cool disks (KVB)

All two piece rotors I have looked at have directional vanes. Thought it was standard practice.<p>Even using vaned rings (used up two sets), still cooked the calipers. Rebuilt them once, and them finally replaced the fronts a couple months ago. Did have a bit of brake fad at the end of a hot track day with stock rotors. No fade with 2 piece rotors, SS lines, AP 600 fluid, PF97 pads.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Cool disks (SleepR)

If you look at the second page of the document, you'll see all the optional dimensions and possibilities that the rings could match up to.<p>I agree with you about the vanes, but the point of my post was that there may be a potential option for those with EST/EVOLVE hats. Also, considering choices, this option may influence one brand over another. If anything, it adds value to which ever rotor hat they do bolt up do and if they measure up, why wouldn't somebody consider them for replacement. That's all.<p>Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts