SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together all of the pieces to convert my 2014 XC60 standard front bumper to an R-Design. Has anyone else done this? Volvo only matches parts to your exact VIN # so I haven't been able to get a lot of help. Here are the replacement parts I think I need to make it happen. Since my Caspian Blue was never an R-Design color, I'll order the primed bumper cover and have it painted to match. I was also thinking about painting the lower grille and fog light covers to a satin black.

This diagram is for a 2016 R-Design. It states it's for a 2014-2016:

1 39822505 Bumper Cover - 2014-2017 Primed
23 31383118 Outer Cover - Left w/Park Assist
23 31383119 Outer Cover - Right w/Park Assist
24 31383113 Lower Panel - Left
24 31383114 Lower Panel - Right
22 31383659 Lower Grille - w/Park Assist
8 39834778 Volvo XC60 T6 Front Bumper Tow Eye Cap

Here's the diagram for my 2014 XC60. I crossed off all of the similar parts to what I currently have and put together the list of parts above.

I've heard the front bumper cover is pretty straight forward taking off. I've taken the back bumper cover off several times.

Any suggestions on this project would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Just get the three R-Deaign trim pieces for the bumper. It’s a whole heck of a lot less then what you have spec’d out and looks quite nice. We did it on the 12 and looks pretty good in my opinion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@comp1- Thanks for the reply. The 2014+ RD bumper cover is different than the standard. I'd be happy with just adding the fog light covers but they are recessed in the RD bumper cover. I wouldn't be able to mount them on mine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Was it hard to get an RD from bumper? Expensive?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it hard to get an RD from bumper? Expensive?
The hardest part was figuring out what parts I needed to buy and which ones I could reuse. Volvo only orders parts from your VIN#, so I had to do it on my own and hope for the best. Since they never made an R-Design in Caspian Blue, I had to order the bumper cover primed. If they made your car in an R-Design, you can order the cover already painted which would save quite a bit. To have the cover painted locally, it cost $380.

The bumper cover and R-Design trim pieces cost me $800. I was able to pick the parts up locally which also saved a lot of $ in shipping costs. I plasti-dipped my front grille and that saved $250 from getting the R-Design and I think it turned out perfect. Here's how it turned out:

IMG_4406-2 by cjackson2275, on Flickr

IMG_4415-2 by cjackson2275, on Flickr

IMG_4416-2 by cjackson2275, on Flickr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts