SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of buying pieces to convert my 04 black trim to the 05+ painted style trim. I have the OEM sport kit so I don't need any of the lower pieces, just the 2 front pieces (bought), and the middle level door trim, and rear trunk level trim.

The middle door trim is held on via 3M style tape right and isn't R specific? So if I find some silver trim at a junkyard (05-06 so I can get the side marker piece as well) I can just buy it, pry off my old trim, and slap on the new one?

The rear is what I'm mainly curious about though, my rear OEM valence is beginning to "peel" away at the top, almost like the adhesive is starting to fail. I also know that repainting the black trunk level trim would be a job since it's textured...would it be easier to find a rear bumper from an 05+ with the sport kit and just swap to the new style rear bumper? I don't have the rear parking sensors by the way if that helps any.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The mounting points are not the same for the rear bumpers, if i recall correctly. someone was selling the rear and sides from an 04, which can be used for sanding/painting. The only option for our rear conversion is sanding/painting the rear trim.

btw, the front pieces are on the way.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The mounting points are not the same for the rear bumpers, if i recall correctly. someone was selling the rear and sides from an 04, which can be used for sanding/painting. The only option for our rear conversion is sanding/painting the rear trim.

btw, the front pieces are on the way.
Awesome thanks!

Yeah the rear is what's got me worried, I've seen somewhere that a few people have swapped out the whole rear bumper, and since mine is starting to deteriorate I figured if it's relatively simple I might just go for this route. I know the rear 05+ trim won't fit since the bumpers are totally different.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Actually, the 05+ rear will fit, you'll need to swap the bumper supports as well.

As for the body matched trims, look for Jstro's painted moldings guide in the R index thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts