SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my little man has finally gotten to the maximum capacity for length on his Infant Car Seat. He's now 6.5 months old, 30 inches long and 20+ pounds, so we had to move on to a convertible seat.

My wife and I both got the Britax Marathon G3 for our respective cars (V70 and Q5), I've yet to put outfit her car, but I put it in mine.

Now, the one major difference (other than general size from the infant car seat), is the fact that there is no apparent way to prop up the base of the convertible car seat at one end of the base so it will be more level in general (see photo). The seat appears to dive into the "butt" of the seat in the car, is that normal? I have the car seat reclined as much as possible also since he is still young and shouldn't be too upright yet, but can sit up on his own. And my driver's seat is not pressing on the car seat at all, even though it looks it in the photo.

I would ask family and friends, but none of our friends have kids yet, and family members with young ones aren't near. The owner's manual also offers little guidance as well (we found the same thing with the Chicco Keyfit 30 manual that he was in).

The photos are pretty level with the ground, so hopefully someone can chime in if this looks generally right...

·
Registered
44 Posts
You best bet is to go to Walmart and by a cheap black towel. Roll it and put it under the base. Use the the gauge on the chair to see how big or little the roll. Just make sure you really yank on the seat belt to tighten the base and there is no play in it. I've NEVER had one sit level in the car without propping it up. When I tightened it I always sat ON the car seat. Good luck.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I second the towel. I had to do the same thing. I have recently seen some seats that have more of an adjustment for leveling but out of the three seats that I have used, none of them sat level in the seat. That goes for both my Volvo and my wifes Mazda.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses! Sorry for my delay, but Hurricane Sandy was quite the mother eff-er!

This past weekend we went to BuyBuyBaby in Port Chester NY, and hey have styrafoam rolls for that same purpose, we didn't go there for that, but picked it up for a few bucks and the seat looks much better, I'll post a new pic once power is restored and my head is screwed on straight again.

I'm in one of the coastal CT towns that STILL has 85% without power! It's getting chilly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts