SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious how the seats differ across the three models. I went to my local dealership, but they only had a momentum to look at. I am trying to decide which model to buy. From the reviews, it looks like the inscription had the most comfortable seats, but I was curious if any of you guys have compared the contour seat upgrade on the momentum to the R seats or the inscription?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I compared R-design seats vs amber inscription seats this past weekend. I was dead set on getting the inscription interior with amber color seats because of the ventilation and general look combination with the wood. I sat in an inscription demo with 3,500 miles and it was already wearing pretty badly on the side bolster. Don't get me wrong both seats are amazing, but it seems like the inscription seat bolster is elevated higher than the R-design seat bolster - so much so that you almost have to lift your body to clear it when getting into the car in order to avoid the excess wear. I and I'm sure others simply slide across the bolster to get into their seat and that is what is causing the wear.

Because of this, I am going with the R-design bursting blue fully loaded except no side step which makes the car look bad.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I compared R-design seats vs amber inscription seats this past weekend. I was dead set on getting the inscription interior with amber color seats because of the ventilation and general look combination with the wood. I sat in an inscription demo with 3,500 miles and it was already wearing pretty badly on the side bolster. Don't get me wrong both seats are amazing, but it seems like the inscription seat bolster is elevated higher than the R-design seat bolster - so much so that you almost have to lift your body to clear it when getting into the car in order to avoid the excess wear. I and I'm sure others simply slide across the bolster to get into their seat and that is what is causing the wear.

Because of this, I am going with the R-design bursting blue fully loaded except no side step which makes the car look bad.
By wear, do you mean creases? My seats look like someone has sat in them, but I've also found the leather gets more comfortable with every use.

·
Registered
19 Posts
By wear, I mean...the leather looked like it was stained from peoples various clothes and most importantly it was streching away from the seam along the entire length of the bolster. It looked like a 1/8 inch separation. If you touch the nappa leather on any part of the car, it is very soft and even streches a bit. That is what is happening with this seat in the demo I drove. People slide accross the bolster when they sit down and strech the leather away from the seam. It was not a crease. My old s70, c70 and s60r had creases but after 10-15k worth of miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts