SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I regularly leave my phone in my car at work. I would like to keep it charged while I am away. But I cant find any outlets that have power when the engine is off. Does anyone know if there is bbn one on a 2019 XC90 T6 inscription.

Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It isn't available by design - it would risk draining your accu if you leave something plugged in for too long. There are fuses that you can tap if you want to do-it-yourself - I don't know exactly which one that I tapped (sun sensor I thought?), but just search my posts, I wrote it down in some post regarding a continuous powered dashcam!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Why not just buy a power brick? Not worth the dead battery risk...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Why not just buy a power brick? Not worth the dead battery risk...
+1
Look for a battery that can charge while it is being charged. One connector charges the battery, the other to your phone. Assuming the battery stays connected to your vehicle all the time and the times the engine is on sufficiently fills the battery's charge, your phone will always be charged.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Blackmagic is overkill for just keeping a phone charged. This model doesn't have a USB port (but their latest model, introduced this month does).

Nevertheless, I would just invest in a portable 12V power pack that charges while driving and can charge the phone (via USB) when the car is off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts