SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering selling the 2006 S60 R. I have been offered 7k and 8k by different dealerships. The offers seem low to me for 6 speed manual, 53k miles in good condition vehicle with no mods. It has the upgraded Hu850 stereo and 18 inch wheels and moonroof. It's electric silver with blue nordkap. I have seen regular s60's with higher mileage posted for higher prices. What are thoughts about right asking price? We are considering a wagon or small suv to replace. Thanks for any input on this.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well 7-8k is fair for a trade in value. Usually those are a few grand short of what you'd get in a private sale. You've got a nice low mileage car. If the title is clean and the body is in good condition, you should be able to see 11-12k.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The body is in great shape except for scratch over rear right wheel that body shop said to leave alone as painting would reduce vehicle value so they touched it up. I like keeping it waxed and clean! Car has been serviced according to recommendations and no issues. It also has the Continental warranty for another year. The 10-11k is about whatI figured it to be.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I'd say 10k is your bottom line. You could probably get more if you market it well.

·
Registered
857 Posts
May help if you mention where you're located, in case potential buyers stumble across your post.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks. The body is in great shape except for scratch over rear right wheel that body shop said to leave alone as painting would reduce vehicle value so they touched it up. I like keeping it waxed and clean! Car has been serviced according to recommendations and no issues. It also has the Continental warranty for another year. The 10-11k is about whatI figured it to be.
THIS +1. A used car will have scratches. If you have alot of blobs of touchup paint or your car was recently resprayed, that decreases the value. It shows that there was some damage and nobody knows how bad it was. A few scratches will be present on an 8 year old car....

·
Registered
861 Posts
Dealerships will always give you significantly less as trade in value.

Sell it privately.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. The car has lived in CT and Westchester NY. When ready will look to sell it privately and post in the classifieds here. I also have a spare set of Pegasus rims for it with snows on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts