SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering selling my 3" DP, your thoughts?

Okay I tentatively decided to sell my Svenske downpipe and have a buyer but now I'm wondering... am I going to miss it? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Re: Considering selling my 3" DP, your thoughts? (slowrey)

What are you replacing it with? Stock then yeah you will probably miss it.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Considering selling my 3" DP, your thoughts? (mike_c70)

Yeah I'm going back to stock. Figure that I'd get more bang for my buck if I invested in a ECU upgrade.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts

Quote, originally posted by slowrey »
Yeah I'm going back to stock. Figure that I'd get more bang for my buck if I invested in a ECU upgrade.

I thought you were getting ready to return it to stock to buy a 06 Electric Silver....

I'm sure the buyer would understand if you had second thoughts. Espeacially after the ton of reply's that coming around the corner. It's probably only a matter of time before people get into there office in the morning, finish some work, load up swedespeed and say WTF?

·
Registered
413 Posts

I have a stock DP, the IPD stage 2 ecu (I see you have a GT) and I can't image how spending another $1,000+ could make any kind of a measurable impact on the performance of a GT than getting the ECU done (sans all limiters.)

I just thought I'd give you a little encouragement because you are likely to get a bunch of "are you nuts" replies.

I think for the GT, the ECU upgrade is the big win. I think I've seen it posted before that you don't really utilize the gains of the DP without an ECU upgrade accounting for it anyway, so swapping the DP for the ECU should show you something ...

I guess ideally you'd get both, but if $$$ is the limiting factor (in my case it is becoming that way) I went for ECU first, because I want something I could definately feel.

My four cents .....
-Ben

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Considering selling my 3" DP, your thoughts? (bcantana)

Just for the short throttle bursts the DP doesn't make that much of a difference but if you floor the car repeatedly and over longer duration it makes a real difference.
So.. it totally depends on drive style and how much room you have to let it all out.

·
Registered
326 Posts

If keeping the DP only delays your ability to pick up the ECU, I'd keep it. If you have to decide, one or the other, and you won't be able to get the ECU later on if you keep, I'd dump the DP and chip it!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What are my options if I decide to buy another later on down the line? Does anyone make a 100% ceramic one?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

Quote, originally posted by slowrey »
What are my options if I decide to buy another later on down the line? Does anyone make a 100% ceramic one?
I have done alot of research on the D/P factor. The one that I find proven with the least amount of issues and not one complaint that I have ever read is the D/P that IPD sells. They have cold, hard #'s with and w/out it hooked up. If you do go with the IPD stage 2 software I would definately go with their D/P. It only makes sense because that is what the program was designed for. Just my 2c's Rick

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay I've made up my mind, It's Killer B's. I really don't get on my car enough to warrant the downpipe.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Oh come on Sean! As if his car didnt make everyone elses car at the gtg look like a miata.....

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Re: (Mash)

Quote, originally posted by Mash »
I have done alot of research on the D/P factor. The one that I find proven with the least amount of issues and not one complaint that I have ever read is the D/P that IPD sells. They have cold, hard #'s with and w/out it hooked up. If you do go with the IPD stage 2 software I would definately go with their D/P. It only makes sense because that is what the program was designed for. Just my 2c's Rick
Exactly, just sell that Svenske DP and go with the hot setup. The only thing you need to know is the IP stage 2 and DP is a slighty different tune than the Stage stock DP. I guess the reason is each tune optimizes its components; however: you can run the Stage 2 reflash with stock DP and get more peformance then you're getting now. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by cloaked at 9:23 AM 6-30-2006

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Re: (Copeland)

Quote, originally posted by Copeland »
Oh come on Sean! As if his car didnt make everyone elses car at the gtg look like a miata.....

LOL...

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

Can an '04 downpipe fit an '06? For some reason, I thought the attachment points were a little different...

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: (Wayne T5)

Quote, originally posted by Wayne T5 »
Can an '04 downpipe fit an '06? For some reason, I thought the attachment points were a little different...

The bolt are different. I never saw this myself but I believe if you order '04 turbo to downpipe nuts and bolts it should fit just like that.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Re: (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »

The bolt are different. I never saw this myself but I believe if you order '04 turbo to downpipe nuts and bolts it should fit just like that.

On the missing mounting point on the heat shield...is that missing on the factory side or the Svenske side? If the Svenske side...than I should be able to have the muffler shop to add that...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.