SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to trade in/sell my 2008 V50 and considering a low mileage 2015 V60. Any input from owners or pros on this model would be appreciated. Also, could wait for a decent hybrid or electric from Volvo, but hear conflicting reports on that (and do not want an SUV).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is it a T5 or T6?

I have a 2015.5 V60 T6 and love it. For me I would not have gotten anything less than the T6, as I like the power, and MPG doesn't matter as much. Also, there were several updates mid year that I think are worth it, but not everyone agrees. Depends what your priorities are, and I am sure you can get a really good deal on a 2015 because of that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I picked up a slightly used '15 V60RD last year. Didn't care for the updates to the half-year model so I pulled the trigger on a better deal for a 15.

Sounds like you're concerned about MPG, so don't get the T6/RD, I'm averaging low 20s with my heavy foot. The T5 should net you 30+.

·
Administrator
55,926 Posts
- Get the CPO warranty for 7yrs/100k coverage.
- If fuel economy is a major consideration, look at the V60 T5 Drive-E, rated at 38mpg highway. T6 Drive-E was not offered in the U.S. for 2015.
- If you want smooth power and AWD, look to a R-Design with the 3.0L 6cyl T6, you can get 30mpg on the highway of you have a light foot. :)
- The T5 five-cylinder is available with AWD, slightly better fuel economy than the 6cyl T6.
- The V60CC gives you 2-inches of additional ground clearance if you want that, only comes with the 5-cylinder T5 - 28mpg highway. Handles just as good as a regular V60.

I love my V60 R-Design AWD, powerful enough, extremely comfortable on long-drives or daily commuting, and if I take it easy on the highway 30mpg.

Make certain the size of the V60 is sufficient for your needs. Coming from the V50, it won't have much more room. If you need more room, consider the XC70 T5 FWD (if you don't need AWD)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts