SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So yeah i just shot my sleeve and possibly angle gears, if iam lucky they are intact and i wil only change the sleeve. If i need to replace the angle gears as well and the price is too high for a new one and if i cant find a good used case i will consider removing the shaft and going FWD only until i can rebuild everything.

thoughts ...:p

·
Registered
569 Posts
Is there any tutorial out there, how to complete the FWD conversion on P2 cars? Removing the shaft is just one thing, but I believe some parts needs to be sealed to do this properly. 385BHP on fwd only.... hmm you need to be very-very gentle on the accelerator.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Is there any tutorial out there, how to complete the FWD conversion on P2 cars? Removing the shaft is just one thing, but I believe some parts needs to be sealed to do this properly. 385BHP on fwd only.... hmm you need to be very-very gentle on the accelerator.
Where did you come up with that HP#?

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Where did you come up with that HP#?

It's tuned from his signature.

I'd just leave the AG and driveshaft in... Check the fluid level... if it's not empty it's probably fine unless it's making bad noises. As for converting the car to FWD what I would do is remove the gear that attaches to the driveshaft on the angle gear if it is actually toast and seal it up. Erie Volvo has a bazillion angle gears that they warranty forever for $600USD All P2 5 cylinder AWD angle gears are identical. Get one out of an XC... less stress throughout its life.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
It's tuned from his signature.

I'd just leave the AG and driveshaft in... Check the fluid level... if it's not empty it's probably fine unless it's making bad noises. As for converting the car to FWD what I would do is remove the gear that attaches to the driveshaft on the angle gear if it is actually toast and seal it up. Erie Volvo has a bazillion angle gears that they warranty forever for $600USD All P2 5 cylinder AWD angle gears are identical. Get one out of an XC... less stress throughout its life.
Ahh I'm on Tapatalk so no sig viewable to me! What tune are you running time get those #s? Did you have it dynoed?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Thats maybe crank HP...
Regarding converting to FWD. Stupidest idea ever

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
bye bye axles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
All P2 5 cylinder AWD angle gears are identical. Get one out of an XC... less stress throughout its life.[/QUOTE said:
Not true. They differ from Auto to M66.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
A FWD R is as lame as the following . . .

If you can't afford a new collar and angle gear you have certainly bought the wrong car.

That's just blind judging, you dont even know how many **** i have to pay all the time, i have 3 cars, family, house, bikes, quad, skidoo and whatever else...

I also just bought 4 brand new brembos with pads, i got my haldex rebuilt which costed more than 1k recently, bought a new sleeve for next monday when i get the gears checked, i got my hands on a brand new EST downpipe, there's almost 3k $ on the R just right there. I dont collect money on trees :rolleyes:

And i did mention that it was going to be temporary if i need a complete angle gear transfer case rebuild, the sleeve is already ordered if it's only that.

On another note a FWD R is pretty fun to drive, it makes absolutely no difference on dry pavement if you dont floor it from the takeoff ofcourse it will spin, but other than this the FWD torque with 380 crank hp is really powerfull, i can feel it much more than with drivetrain power loss.

I do have really heavy winter here so i'am going to wait until monday to decide what i will do, if my mech ends up telling me my angle gears also needs replacing and if he can rebuild it i will go for i. If it's too expensive i will consider going FWD only for this year until i can afford it, got a ton of **** to pay this month and next one... :facepalm:

And since it's getting very cold here and i had to destroy my garage until next summer i have barely any space to work so i need to pay labor time, it will cost much more than just the parts.

Just wish me luck that monday we realize that the gears are intact :p, i will post pictures anyways for everyone to see how shot is my sleeve or gears !

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
That's just blind judging, you dont even know how many **** i have to pay all the time, i have 3 cars, family, house, bikes, quad, skidoo and whatever else...

I also just bought 4 brand new brembos with pads, i got my haldex rebuilt which costed more than 1k recently, bought a new sleeve for next monday when i get the gears checked, i got my hands on a brand new EST downpipe, there's almost 3k $ on the R just right there. I dont collect money on trees :rolleyes:

And i did mention that it was going to be temporary if i need a complete angle gear transfer case rebuild, the sleeve is already ordered if it's only that.

On another note a FWD R is pretty fun to drive, it makes absolutely no difference on dry pavement if you dont floor it from the takeoff ofcourse it will spin, but other than this the FWD torque with 380 crank hp is really powerfull, i can feel it much more than losing a part of it via the drivetrain to the back. I also never go to the track so it doesnt matter much to me.

I do have really heavy winter here so i'am going to wait until monday to decide what i will do, if my mech ends up telling me my angle gears also needs replacing and if he can rebuild it i will go for i. If it's too expensive i will consider going FWD only for this year until i can afford it, got a ton of **** to pay this month and next one...
You'll feel the difference between AWD and fwd in the dry. I could get a FWD XC to spin tires in the dry.

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
I dunno man. I drove around in FWD mode for a week with a stock tune and it was a giant pain in the ass. Even giving it a light amount of gas, I'd break the front wheels free and have massive torque steer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts