SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that my s60r is settling in, I'm considering a v70r. But the last year of the p80 chassis. Thoughts on this approach from others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
2000 Rs are nice if you can find one with a good trans. Otherwise manual swap it :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
i say go for it. i just bought a '98 v70r myself.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Like was posted, I would be concerned about transmission and the older viscous coupling AWD system this car used. The last P80 R is now 15-16 years old so finding one in decent shape may be a bit of a hunt.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
I picked up a 2000 V70R when I had my S60R.
LOVE THE CAR. Do be warned that they can be maintenance hungry. I spent a ton of money on mine bringing it up to where it is today.

I did have a 3" exhaust and downpipe fabricated, FMIC, and a lovely 20ishpsi hilton tune. My 00 VR is ripppps and loves shooting some pretty flames. Anything below 50 degrees and first gear has trouble hooking with the awd. Faster than stock P2R's and most likely faster than stage 2 P2R's or close too it. I need to get it on the dyno sometime soon. The amount of torque it has is incredible.

10/10 Would recommend a 00VR!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THAT is advice I can take to the bank. Looks like an M66 swap is quite doable as well.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
That's what I did, bought the sonic and then got a laser 00 VR to daily. I've probably put 15k into it in the last 3 years but its mint lol. Tranny is solid at 194k, but it will get a M66 soon.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts

For the BTCC racing Ohlins designed special adjustable shocks. The Volvo factory kit includes front strut tower brace, springs, and 4 adjustable shocks.
Makes the car quite stiff on 17" comets, but the handling is superb.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That makes me happy down in my colon. Amazing.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that's nuts. Do like.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
12k for an 00' VR that has a glass jaw 5 speed auto

or 12k for an 06-07 VR with 70-90k and a 6 speed manual.

my work here is done :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't get hung up on the age. I've driven turn of the century for most of the last decade. It suits me it seems. Still, 12k seems out there

·
Registered
319 Posts
$12k is definately out there, especially when it probably needs work. They won't get it. My point is just there are good examples out there. I paid less than half that for my 99 with 66k four years ago. Mine needed work. Cars this age will need work. Just keep your eyes open and don't be afraid to take a closer look and to make an offer. You'll be surprised.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm considering getting a non-R and upgrading the things I want. Does the r have anything but interior and engine up checks?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Wheels and 302mm front brakes on the 00

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm guessing our brembos fit?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Rear. Not front. Oh and 00 has vented rear discs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts