SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
comrades - there is a pre-owned V60 cc near me listed for $24.7k - v60 cross country T5 wagon - with the 5 cyl 2.5 liter. 19.7k miles on the clock

are there any known issues with this model and year? is this a fair asking price? by comparison, a fully loaded 2020 v60 cc lists for $55k at the same dealer.

Thx

·
Registered
505 Posts
I own a 2015.5 V60CC with the 5 cyl engine. Love it. Have had zero issues and I have not read about any trending issues on these. Can't really comment on the price. Mine does not have the technology package or xenon headlights. I think my year model had two trim levels and mine was not the Platinum. But I have BLIS which I highly recommend. Is it CPO? Mine was CPO with 7K on the odometer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a 2016 V60 cc that I bought new. It has been perfect. I have had Volvo’s with the 5 cylinder engine since 1993 and never had a problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I own a 2015.5 V60CC with the 5 cyl engine. Love it. Have had zero issues and I have not read about any trending issues on these. Can't really comment on the price. Mine does not have the technology package. Is it CPO? Mine was CPO with 7K on the odometer.
Not a cpo - but apparently a premier version. Not sure which packages the premier includes, if any

·
Registered
737 Posts
You'd get Xenon headlights among other things if you hold out for a Platinum trim model.

·
Registered
988 Posts
comrades - there is a pre-owned V60 cc near me listed for $24.7k - v60 cross country T5 wagon - with the 5 cyl 2.5 liter. 19.7k miles on the clock

are there any known issues with this model and year? is this a fair asking price? by comparison, a fully loaded 2020 v60 cc lists for $55k at the same dealer.

Thx
The 5 cyl is a gem. We have one in the stable and owned another for a few years. Strong and smooth. Great in overboost, too. No vibration in either. Likely won't get the gas mileage of a Drive-e.

For the price, depends on your locale but seems very high. If it's a Platinum then maybe - run the VIN to find out.

We're in the mid-west and just picked up a 2018 V60 CPO (corporate car) that retailed for $46,700 last year for just $25,100. It has the xenons, vision and and tech package, FWD tho. Came with 5 yr, unlimited mile bumper to bumper warranty and with the current CPO special, got 3 years of Volvo On Call for free, too. CPO - the way to go. Rhymes too...

We also purchased a 2018 hail damaged (& repaired) V60 CC for our son. It only had 1,800 miles and full warranty w/Vision Pkg. Paid $26,000 in Dec of 2018. Drive-E too.

Find a CPO. The warranty is great and you'll save major bucks.

·
Registered
12,713 Posts
Not a cpo - but apparently a premier version. Not sure which packages the premier includes, if any
I think premier is pretty much the base model on this car. Check to see if it has climate, convenience, and BLIS packages which would be extra and pretty useful. I typically use kbb and nadaguides as pricing indications - I don't think the price is that bad on this car and if it has those packages then it's probably pretty fair.

The 5 cylinder in this car is a great motor.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Curious why a Volvo dealer wouldn't sell a Volvo like that as a CPO.... I'm guessing they didn't want to put money into it somewhere... which to me would be a bit of a red flag. Even more so if you typically extend the warranty because the CPO extensions are so affordable compared to normal warranties.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I drive 2016 a v60 CC Premier CPO. It's currently at 61,300 miles. There have been a few gremlins pop up recently. #1 it's burning oil, you can read my history about it, and #2 there is the dreaded suspension noise you hear when you are turning + braking at low speeds ( You can find some threads about this on this forum, or in my history as well).

Other than those I love the car. I like the slightly higher rise of the car compared to the v60 and the 5cyl purs pretty good when you get it on sport mode and stomp it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I tried to get my wife to buy a 2016 V60CC from the dealer in 2016 but she didn't want to give up her S60. As I recall, the only decontenting I noticed between my 2015.5 and the 2016 V60CC was the 2016 rear view mirror didn't have the built in compass.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Here is the brochure for 2016 S60/V60 Cross Country: https://pictures.dealer.com/tomwoodvolvovcna/ff73c69e0a0e0acc11815b4e73a21a87.pdf

There are 2 trim levels. Standard is Premier, Platinum is the higher trim level.
Heated front seats are available as a standalone option or in a package. Other standalone options include speed sensitive steering, 19" wheels, and wood or piano black inlay.
Packages include Climate (heated everything), Technology (ACC, Collision warning, Lane Departure, Road Sign info, etc.), and BLIS package (BLIS, rear cross traffic, front park assist - rear is standard, lane change merge aid)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 5 cyl is a gem. We have one in the stable and owned another for a few years. Strong and smooth. Great in overboost, too. No vibration in either. Likely won't get the gas mileage of a Drive-e.

For the price, depends on your locale but seems very high. If it's a Platinum then maybe - run the VIN to find out.

We're in the mid-west and just picked up a 2018 V60 CPO (corporate car) that retailed for $46,700 last year for just $25,100. It has the xenons, vision and and tech package, FWD tho. Came with 5 yr, unlimited mile bumper to bumper warranty and with the current CPO special, got 3 years of Volvo On Call for free, too. CPO - the way to go. Rhymes too...

We also purchased a 2018 hail damaged (& repaired) V60 CC for our son. It only had 1,800 miles and full warranty w/Vision Pkg. Paid $26,000 in Dec of 2018. Drive-E too.

Find a CPO. The warranty is great and you'll save major bucks.
I see the VIN in one of the pix - when you say "run the VIN" how exactly do you do that? Is there a website? referring to carmax? Thx

·
Registered
988 Posts
I see the VIN in one of the pix - when you say "run the VIN" how exactly do you do that? Is there a website? referring to carmax? Thx
I usually just stuff it into Google and let it fly. And for sure, the dealership should know. They can run the VIN and spit out a simple window sticker just like it was a new car. The have to be straight on telling you what's on it. Not doing so is fraud and can be an issue for them...we were refunded $1K when one of our internet cars showed up with less equipment than advertised.

For this car, just seems way too much for a '16. If you're set on this one, shoot them a low but reasonable price and if they don't bite just move on.

There's several out there. Barter away on the internet and expand your reach. We've purchased 3 Volvos and 1 motorcycle via the internet and/or overseas program sight unseen, never driven prior. No issues with any of them. VERY lucky, I know. But the internet is your friend.

For example, we purchased the wife's C30 Polestar from Hawaii and had it shipped to our front door in OK ($1,600 shipping) at a total price much less than others were being sold stateside (w/no shipping).

Find that CPO! May tak a few weeks to months of scrolling. Some good dealerships will transport a car for about $1 per mile on the one way trip. i.e. dealer is 300 miles away, it costs 300 to your door.

Good luck...perseverance can save big $$.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts