SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kinda want the wagon, but there a pretty big price differential between the ones I’m looking at.

Any reports on how the 2019 S60 polestar editions are holding up? Is it worth spending a lot more for a 2020 V60 PE?

Also, if anybody feels like gambling I found a V60 Polestar edition that was lemon law’s at 365miles for a hybrid system failure. I’m tempted on the grounds that it’s probably just something requiring an update that wigged out the buyer, but it’s too big a gamble for me, and I’m limiting myself to CPO for the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just to be clear, these are 2019 S60 Polestar Engineered cars? Not just a regular S60 T8 with a Polestar tune, right? On one hand I'm surprised that there would be a few on the market after just 1 year consider only 20 exist...on the other hand I guess that's the benefit of CBV; you can stop paying the subscription whenever you want, right?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Maybe covid related?

the other option is maybe they’re disappointed purchases. All in all I wish I hadn’t bought my PE but it was a “sensible” buy at the time considering I wasn’t able to get a test drive etc.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe covid related?

the other option is maybe they’re disappointed purchases. All in all I wish I hadn’t bought my PE but it was a “sensible” buy at the time considering I wasn’t able to get a test drive etc.
What don’t you like about it? I’m considering one of the 2019 s60s.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What don’t you like about it? I’m considering one of the 2019 s60s.

So it's not really the car to be honest. I've gone from doing 15k miles a year to doing 2k in 6months of which SWMBO has done a significant chunk because I'm not driving to work and wont be until well into next year if at all.

The PE was bought mainly because it was as "fun" a PHEV as I could get but of course now I don't need a PHEV as I'm not doing the type of driving that would have benefited it which leaves me thinking I could have gone for something like a 540i Touring or X3m (there were some cracking deals on those around the time) or maybe something like a RS3 Sportback.

Don't get me wrong there's nothing inherently wrong with the PE, it's stunning to look at and nice to drive long distance but it's a bit dull for spirited driving compared to fully petrol alternatives and some of the tech it's lacking is a bit shocking, mainly wireles carplay - something BMW has had since late 2016. I also don't like sensus at all - I thought I could learn to get on with it and it's "ok" but compared to iDrive it's just cr4p.

Unfortunately there was no PEs available for test drive in the country here when I was looking to order this time last year. It's not that I don't like the car, I really do but it's very much a jack of all trades master of none in a situation that's changed so significantly that it just now looks like the wrong tool for the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts