SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the 07+ S80s and wondering if the transmissions are still issues as they were in the previous years. I've had a handful of x70s, RWD models, v40, 04 V70R, etc. So I'm by far new to volvos. It's just a little concerning opening this thread and most of the topics have some type of transmission failure in the title.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The transmissions don't seem to be a weak point for the 2nd generation S80s. In fact they seem to be pretty solid cars for the most part. Main issue to watch out for is possible oil consumption on some of the 6 cylinder models. Other than that not much I can think of.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Previous S80s used a GM transmission that had a high failure rate. The 2007+ models use a reliable Aisin unit.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Early 2007 models that had gearboxes manufactured before October (?) 2006 had in some cases problems with the valve body. There's supposed to be a label on the gearbox that says when it's manufactured but I have a july 2006 MY07 S80 and I didn't see it. I think someone tried taking out the air filter box with no success finding the label so it might be placed some place hard to get to.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up with a 2010 3.2 I6 with what I believe is the exec package. Chrome accents on the doors and around the lights. White on black. It's super comfy.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's nice. I love it so far! One thing I noticed when trying to activate Sirius radio is the Sirius radio selections are grayed out and can't be selected. I read that could show it needs a software update? Does that sound correct?

And the automatic windows in the front do not work, but they do in the rear. Same thing, software updates?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts