SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I start and put it in reverse, my back up camera comes up quick but the CTA button doesn't turn on for at least 20 seconds. I am not sure if it is working and just the screen doesn't show as on. Feel its a useless feature if it doesn't turn on immediately when reversing. Anyone else see the same issue?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
How do you know that it is OFF? I don't remember any visual indication while it is (presumably) still booting. I have just accidentally tested it and it spotted approaching vehicle pretty much immediately after I turned on the car and put it in reverse.

·
Registered
664 Posts
When you put it in reverse, that screen has the CTA button on it (lower right side). It will be blacked out when not on, light grey when active. My 2016 XC90 was slow to load CTA as well. I just had the most recent software loaded on my 2018 XC60, now CTA comes online pretty quickly.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Vaguely remembering they were saying even if the icon is greyed out, the functionality is actually there. But not sure if can be confirmed or not and did not bother trying it out either.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same here, but my camera is also very slow to load most of the time. Really annoying when I need to back out and don't want to wait 30 seconds. The UConnect on my Grand Cherokee was awful slow, but at least the camera and CTA activated immediately after startup...

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have found that my CTA works even if the backup camera is slow to load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts