SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If AWD won't be an option for the C30 I think Volvo should consider installing a limited slip differential again. Maybe as an option but offer anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Re: Consider LSD, maybe as an option. (Johann)

Agreed. No real need for AWD but a limited slip would help to put the power down.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: Consider LSD, maybe as an option. (Johann)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Johann</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If AWD won't be an option for the C30 I think Volvo should consider installing a limited slip differential again. Maybe as an option but offer anyway.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>They had one on the 99 T6.<br>Got rid of it though.<p>All the FWD turbo cars should have one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Consider LSD, maybe as an option. (VolvoMax)

The new MPS 3 has one as standard equipment.........Volvo really needs this to be a standard part of the new C30!

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Re: Consider LSD, maybe as an option. (5Pillars)

The Focus ST of Europe doesn't offer a LSD either and seems to make due.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Re: Consider LSD, maybe as an option. (Shomare)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Shomare</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Focus ST of Europe doesn't offer a LSD either and seems to make due.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Good to hear that the focus doesnt have LSD; I can assure you that the c30 wont have one either; if either one had it then the other would have it as well.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: Consider LSD, maybe as an option. (volvocu)

heico offers a lsd for the s40/v50... probably the c30 as well

·
Registered
534 Posts
LSD's from Kalmar Union.

I have been supplying a UK made plate type LSD for the older M56 gearbox for some years now and have now got stock of a similar diff. to install in the later M66 gearbox.<p>Price for the M66 compatible LSD is £695 plus packing and shipping. UK VAT at 17.5% is only chargeable if shipped to a private individual within the EU. VAT registered companies within the EU are not charged UK VAT.<p>Regards, Don.Norchi.<p><A HREF="http://www.kalmar-union.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.kalmar-union.com</A><p>UK distributor of MTE Swedish Engineered Software.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts