SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this is a VoC related question, but is "Connected Safety" a function that Volvo has any intention of rolling out in the US?

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
491 Posts
I guess this is a VoC related question, but is "Connected Safety" a function that Volvo has any intention of rolling out in the US?
Yeap, I am fairly certain it will be part of the next bi-annual "big" software update. It's slightly anti climactic but it definitely works, we have been validating the software.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeap, I am fairly certain it will be part of the next bi-annual "big" software update. It's slightly anti climactic but it definitely works, we have been validating the software.
Cool. Yeah, I don't think it's a huge thing, but I could see it being useful here in New England where there's a decent concentration of new (SPA and CMA) Volvo's and we do have winters.

I saw that they expanded it into other parts of Europe in 2019, so thought maybe, just maybe, that meant we might get it as well.

One question though is whether European Volvo's have their hazards kicked on as part of emergency braking (a typical feature on EU-spec cars). I know US-spec Volvo's have emergency brake lighting, but it's separate from the hazards. So in a US car, will triggering the "emergency brake light" system then trip the Connected Safety system?

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
491 Posts
Cool. Yeah, I don't think it's a huge thing, but I could see it being useful here in New England where there's a decent concentration of new (SPA and CMA) Volvo's and we do have winters.

I saw that they expanded it into other parts of Europe in 2019, so thought maybe, just maybe, that meant we might get it as well.

One question though is whether European Volvo's have their hazards kicked on as part of emergency braking (a typical feature on EU-spec cars). I know US-spec Volvo's have emergency brake lighting, but it's separate from the hazards. So in a US car, will triggering the "emergency brake light" system then trip the Connected Safety system?
Yeah, from what I have experienced it's actually a few scenarios... Hazard Lights going on, sudden deceleration with the blinker staying on and the ABS Warning going off. But you as the person following will get the notice as you are coming up on the disabled car. It's not a "broadcast" in the sense of the annoying weather hazard notifications you get in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts