SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems there are differing opinions weather my13 XC70 has Volvo On Call or not. I have a decal on the window with an 800 number of On Call. But recently I downloaded an On Call app and needed a PIN number to activate it. I contacted Volvo by email and was told that only XC70 models from 2015.5 on were able to use that app. Yet on the Volvo web site it states that XC70's from 2012 on have that feature. Even the manual has paragraph about ON Call. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi gorj
Have you got the ON CALL buttons in the light cluster in the front.
I have a 2013/14 xc70 with it. But I think it was an option.

Gray 3

·
Registered
572 Posts
The Volvo On Call App is for use with 2015.5+ vehicles only. "Volvo On Call" as it's known with the older cars is simply the name of the roadside assistance program offered through Volvo.

A 2015.5+ vehicle will have these buttons on the overhead lamp assembly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have a current Volvo On-Call subscription either paid or the included complimentary 6-month subscription from the dealer? You must have a current subscription to use the mobile app.

I have the complimentary 6-month from the dealer but plan on renewing at the end of the 6-months. An additional 18-month subscription is $250 or $13.88 per month. Unlimited 3g streaming and use of the app for remote start/location is a pretty cool deal for a small price.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
It seems there are differing opinions weather my13 XC70 has Volvo On Call or not. I have a decal on the window with an 800 number of On Call. But recently I downloaded an On Call app and needed a PIN number to activate it. I contacted Volvo by email and was told that only XC70 models from 2015.5 on were able to use that app. Yet on the Volvo web site it states that XC70's from 2012 on have that feature. Even the manual has paragraph about ON Call. Anyone have any suggestions?
Are you in the USA or another market?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you have a current Volvo On-Call subscription either paid or the included complimentary 6-month subscription from the dealer? You must have a current subscription to use the mobile app.

I have the complimentary 6-month from the dealer but plan on renewing at the end of the 6-months. An additional 18-month subscription is $250 or $13.88 per month. Unlimited 3g streaming and use of the app for remote start/location is a pretty cool deal for a small price.
I though the Volvo on Call was sperate from the 3G data plan. I just got 2015.5 XC70 and both are active now in trial period. I did see pricing for volvo on call, but nothing for the 3G data plan. From what I heard many people still were getting the data plan and the pricing had not been announced for that.
BTW.. for me the only usefull elment in volvo on call is being able to send and address to navigation from my phone. very hand to find the address on the phone in a email or web page and copy/paste and send to the car. Much faster than getting the address in the car using navi menus.

The 3G data plan is kind of neat, but really not that valueable for me as a driver. My daughter's iPod however has only wifi so I have linked her to in-car hot spot so she has full net access on that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I though the Volvo on Call was sperate from the 3G data plan. I just got 2015.5 XC70 and both are active now in trial period. I did see pricing for volvo on call, but nothing for the 3G data plan. From what I heard many people still were getting the data plan and the pricing had not been announced for that.
BTW.. for me the only usefull elment in volvo on call is being able to send and address to navigation from my phone. very hand to find the address on the phone in a email or web page and copy/paste and send to the car. Much faster than getting the address in the car using navi menus.

The 3G data plan is kind of neat, but really not that valueable for me as a driver. My daughter's iPod however has only wifi so I have linked her to in-car hot spot so she has full net access on that.

For now the 3g plan is included.

http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answe...2LzEvdGltZS8xNDU0MDI0MDk0L3NpZC96RkZFQ0hIbQ==

·
Registered
59 Posts
So what does the car download? I have checked my car and "reset" the data useage and then see more data being download when I am not using any data systems to my knowledge. Does anyone what know what data the car is downloading by itself?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts