SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I though it would be a nice gesture to put a thread of this sort up on the site. I received one of the best comments I have ever received from a cutie at HoneyDews who took out the trash and saw my car.

"OMG are you the one with the S60R, Best car ever! Beats the $hit out of all those terrible hondas and WRX's that come through here!" Blah Blah Blah It went on forever, Loved every second of it!

Post Up!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
The day after I got my prancing moose magnets my indy mechanic Claude was like "I love the magnets and the stickers of the prancing moose you put on the R, they compliment the car nicely"

Also not too long ago I got a thumbs up from a police officer at a red light lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
My 3 year old daughter was playing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Road Rally on our iPad the other week and when it came time to choose the method of transportation for the road rally and Mickey asked her what her favorite thing to ride was her response was, "Daddy's caR!". That's my girl.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I had my car entered in the VCOA national meet here in St Louis a couple weekends ago. A father and young son, maybe 13-15, came up to me and started checking out my car. Conversation is as follows:

Dad: Wow I love your car! The ground effects kit and everything just look amazing on it!
Me: Thanks! It's an option from the factory.
Son: We test drove an R a while ago, but it was an automatic. These things are fast!

The enthusiasm of the dad made my day, especially since there were a few other R's around, none with the aero kit though.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
My 3 year old daughter was playing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Road Rally on our iPad the other week and when it came time to choose the method of transportation for the road rally and Mickey asked her what her favorite thing to ride was her response was, "Daddy's caR!". That's my girl.
:thumbup:

my two year old always asks to take the 'orange' car due to the atacama. they miss it in the winter when it is hibernating away from the salt. they ask every time we get to the garage, is it time yet? :p

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have had have numerous people say how they love the headlight wipers. My car looks stock and it is. But the people who know about it are jealous of the Brembos. Only have gotten a thumbs up from a guy once.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also not too long ago I got a thumbs up from a police officer at a red light lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was an undercover sting in my area to help catch a Honda chopshop stealing ring where they would set someone up at the local Hannafords and he would then radio up to a Marked state trooper who would pull the individual over and check the Vin and the manu codes within the door well and the hood amongst other areas. Needless to say they heard my exhaust and immediately radio'd forward to pull me forward and check me out, which they did, came up clean and the officer talked for about 30 minutes on the side of the road asking about my car completely astonished that it was a Volvo. I scoot past him all the time now and he always shoots me a wave.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
At a red light one summer someone next to me asked if the interior was custom. When I said no they were shocked, and complemented it.

In the parking lot of my old building, there was a guy selling a V50 and as I pulled in someone was just getting there to look at it. They took one look at my car and said "Wow, is that the Volvo for sale? Because if it is, I'll take it!" I think the guy selling the V50 was asking about $18-20k too. If I didn't love my car so much I would have thought about it.

My sister was shopping for a new car and looked at the C30 but was disappointed in the interior, saying it didn't hold a candle to my interior, which was like "a really nice watch."

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Haha! Good timing on this thread. I just left work to run an errand, it's absolutely perfect here today so all the windows are down and the sun roof is open. Passing thru a construction zone one of the younger workers says, "I love your caR man!"

Never get that with the Suburban...

Also while stopping by the fire station at lunch one of my FF buddies who owns an XC-90 asked me if the blue gauges were custom. I said, "yep only for the R's" :p

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I was sitting at the lights and there was an older Civic Si sitting there with 2 "dudes" inside which were pointing at my caR and lauging. When I took off WOT and met them at the next red light I got "Man thats nice but putting soo much money into Volvo is worthless", I said "its all stock...". The look on their face was priceless.

When I owned my previous R, I had the prancing moose stickers. I came out of Dominics and there was a s60 t5 parked next to me, He loved my "fake Ferrari emblem".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts