SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was reading through the manual of my car last night and noticed that it says that it has a compass that appears in the mirror, and gives instructions as to how to activate and calibrate it if it isn't on by default. However, the photos of the mirror are not the frameless mirror that I have that looks similar to what is in the SPA cars. Further, the button on the rear side of the mirror that the instructions state should be pushed with a pen or paperclip to activate the compass doesn't seem to exist on the frameless mirror. Does anyone here have this mirror? does it have a compass? and if so, how do you activate it? I'm speculating that it is part number 31402730, for which I am able to find installation, but not operating instructions.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
This any help, I hope...

I was reading through the manual of my car last night and noticed that it says that it has a compass that appears in the mirror, and gives instructions as to how to activate and calibrate it if it isn't on by default. However, the photos of the mirror are not the frameless mirror that I have that looks similar to what is in the SPA cars. Further, the button on the rear side of the mirror that the instructions state should be pushed with a pen or paperclip to activate the compass doesn't seem to exist on the frameless mirror. Does anyone here have this mirror? does it have a compass? and if so, how do you activate it? I'm speculating that it is part number 31402730, for which I am able to find installation, but not operating instructions.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - yes I've seen this, but the mirror in the Platinum trim is different. After doing some more digging I don't think it has a compass - not a big deal since the navigation shows which way the car is pointed. The owners manual seems to have a lot of generalized information that isn't specific to the particular model - for example, there are a lot of options in the My Car menu that don't apply to the XC70, such as the steering feedback settings.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The asterisk in the title indicates non-standard equipment, so it may or may not have those.

They're possible to install though, should you want one :)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
The asterisk in the title indicates non-standard equipment, so it may or may not have those.

They're possible to install though, should you want one :)
Also on the MY11? Plug n play or not realy? Software?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Also on the MY11? Plug n play or not realy? Software?

It should be, I installed the frameless one with compass in my MY09.

Wiring was hidden near the passenger sun visor, in some felt tape.

No software required ;)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
It should be, I installed the frameless one with compass in my MY09.

Wiring was hidden near the passenger sun visor, in some felt tape.

No software required ;)
You had the compass before also?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
251 Posts

Got mine from Skandix.de, cost about the same new, as a used one did on some other sites here.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, I've seen that too, not sure why though. Might be to have it added to the database as installed or so.

Can change the non-dimmed level via vida too if you have that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed the frameless mirror in my MY 2009 too, found it on ebay for $50 used. I had to take a Dremel to the cover of my rain sensor for the wipers though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My '09 T6 has the framed mirror with compass and my new-to-me '15.5 T6 Platinum has the frameless with compass. I don't know how you activate it, as I just picked up the car today and it was just...there, but if you want me to look at anything, I will.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts