SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2022 Volvo XC90 T8 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So another decontent issue on my new 2022.5 XC90 T8 ER was the removal of the compass mirror. I had dimming and Homelink but no compass.

I found a like new mirror on eBay so bought it and decided to try it out. Part number for the compass mirror was # 32219072.

Followed some You Tube videos on windshield replacement that showed how to remove the Intellisafe cover over the mirror. The mirror itself is just a rotate release. There is a mark on the mirror stem that should be pointed straight up once fully locked in. Whole process was about 20 minutes taking my time.

Since my XC90 already came with dimming and Homelink there was no software or other configuration needed. Once the replacement mirror was installed all I had to do was calibrate it by driving slowly in a circle (procedure is in the owners manual).

Once calibrated I verified the reading with the navigation compass and they matched.

Pics of install…

Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Street light Rear-view mirror Bumper

Automotive lighting Vehicle door Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior

Automotive design Computer hardware Office equipment Audio equipment Gadget

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Carbon

Gear shift Automotive lighting Automotive design Input device Hood

Hand Hood Automotive mirror Automotive lighting Vehicle

Hand Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Automotive design Bumper

Hood Automotive lighting Grille Bumper Automotive tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
636 Posts
Thank you for sharing. I am on a quest to add content back into our 23 XC90. Grocery bag holder is in, now I can do this one as well.

· Registered
2,378 Posts
So another decontent issue on my new 2022.5 XC90 T8 ER was the removal of the compass mirror. I had dimming and Homelink but no compass.

I found a like new mirror on eBay so bought it and decided to try it out. Part number for the compass mirror was # 32219072.

Followed some You Tube videos on windshield replacement that showed how to remove the Intellisafe cover over the mirror. The mirror itself is just a rotate release. There is a mark on the mirror stem that should be pointed straight up once fully locked in. Whole process was about 20 minutes taking my time.

Since my XC90 already came with dimming and Homelink there was no software or other configuration needed. Once the replacement mirror was installed all I had to do was calibrate it by driving slowly in a circle (procedure is in the owners manual).

Once calibrated I verified the reading with the navigation compass and they matched.
Nice write up, thanks.
Have you tested the HomeLink?

· Registered
484 Posts
The decontenting is really annoying. I always thought car manufacturers made more things standard and added features during a model's lifecycle. It's odd that Volvo is making the XC90 worse than it was a few years previously.

· Registered
674 Posts
The decontenting is really annoying. I always thought car manufacturers made more things standard and added features during a model's lifecycle. It's odd that Volvo is making the XC90 worse than it was a few years previously.
It's a surprising feature to drop because so many cars have it. And it's useful. Was it dropped on all models or just T8?

· Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
  • Helpful
Reactions: Pioneer4x4

· Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After doing some research, the one used mirror on ebay was $150ish with some scratches. NIB were between $550-620USD.
Mine had no scratches, even came packaged in a Volvo parts box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
9 Posts
My children miss this feature the most. Nowadays everyone is so reliant on google maps that they forget compass headings. It was pretty cool to play compass headings while on a road trip. They should keep it on google maps permanently.

· Registered
377 Posts
i've added Gentex Homelink mirrors to three cars and it has been one of the best upgrades. The Pandemic certainly constrained a lot of supply and ability for manufacturers to meet demand, though good on you all for adding these mirrors back.

· Registered
636 Posts
My children miss this feature the most. Nowadays everyone is so reliant on google maps that they forget compass headings. It was pretty cool to play compass headings while on a road trip. They should keep it on google maps permanently.
My daughter checks the one in my V60 and comments. I use it to sanity check where the nav system is taking me. I have found some "creative" routing here in Europe at times that simply doesn't make any sense. I hate having to look down to the vehicle screen to see the compass and I also just noticed that Volvo removed a clock from the XC90 instrument cluster, only appears in the nav screen. :mad: It's like they make these changes and don't put a human in the car to see if the adjustments make any sense.

· Registered
2022 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
1 Posts
I'm a relative newbie to Volvo; 3 months & 2,500 miles in, and I'm loving it. However, I have to ask: should my 2022 XC90 have the compass in the mirror? Or was it decontented? I could have sworn my '22 XC90 T6 Inscription (Built 05/22) had the compass in the upper right of the mirror. Or am I suffering a phantom memory or confusion with my previous vehicles? I looked today, and I do not have a compass display. I followed the "Activating the Compass" instructions in the manual, but when I used a paperclip, it did not feel like there is a button in the hole on the bottom of the mirror.

EDIT: Sorry, guys. I did a little more digging on the forum, and I found my answer.

· Registered
39 Posts
I tried to do this on my 23 V60, unfortunately it seems that Volvo had changed the part that connects to the windshield for MY23, so most likely you can not retrofit this to the 60 series without taking apart of the mirror assembly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts