SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,734 Posts
Happy to see the feedback! As for color in the signature. If BB codes are too high level to sort, I can work with the devs to make more user friendly options too.
I am using BB codes - the problem is that they’re not being recognized/not saving after I exit the signature editor, and revert to black (even though I’m saving the colors before I exit the editor). When I go back into the editor, the codes are completely gone too.

·
Registered
15,928 Posts
The new layout sucks.....really inefficient use of screen real estate. Why do I need a search box at the top of the screen all the time? That shiit costs me 72 vertical pixels and was just a tap of the home key away before. I don't auto-hide my taskbar so you guys can waste over double the space I gain from that with even less useful content. Making the text huge also isn't a constructive use of space.

Also we gotta get more than two lines for signatures. A huge portion of us have more than two cars. Limiting to one external link isn't good, either. Some people want to link to their IG or whatever. Who finds these UX guys who think that reducing functionality somehow improves experience? This is like the internet forum equivalent of a road diet......this is a car forum; nobody likes road diets or their equivalents.

Looking at the previous posts about this....
We recognize the user experience is slow and there are bugs from the outdated software.
wut
user experience was fast and there were no bugs.

·
Registered
15,928 Posts
As for signatures, there are new restrictions based on what is currently set up. Old signatures are grandfathered in, but if you'd like to know the current settings I can let y'all know that too.
So why don't we change what is currently set up to something that actually works for what we do here. We don't need any restrictions on this.

·
Registered
15,928 Posts
Sad this site has contracted the cancer that's been sweeping the internet in this new forum software.
Best feature of this software so far is that I can "Like" this post.

·
Registered
2011 Volvo V70 D5 AWD GT R-design, 2004 Volvo V70 D5 Black Edition
56 Posts
Will it be possible to link pictures from external ressources?

For example I would lilke to link my pictures from my webspace. This is not working:

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
681 Posts
Rather than repeating things that others have said, my only suggestion is to turn on Premium for everyone for a couple of weeks to evaluate it.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
So let me pick on this, the user avatar on left of post is too big to me, and stays too close to the post.

The ad on the right is also too wide, and is too close to the post area.

The recommended reading list shows post title in a very narrow column.

I don't want to automatically follow the thread I just replied too. Is there an option to do so?

The top bar is very useful to me. Once I added my frequent sub-forums to followed list, the list icon takes me to them directly. Very handy. Maybe make the top bar auto hidden if possible.

I use the list view, not the card view. There are too many lines and boxes in the card view.

Overall it is improvement over the old one. Picture insertion is the best improvement to me.
And I understand how much work it is to make this happen. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't want to automatically follow the thread I just replied too. Is there an option to do so?

I use the list view, not the card view. There are too many lines and boxes in the card view.

Overall it is improvement over the old one. Picture insertion is the best improvement to me.
And I understand how much work it is to make this happen. :)
Replying to select comments:
1. You can go to your account settings, preferences, unselect "Automatically watch content you interact with… " under "Preferences." There are a lot of things auto-checked which basically notify you over everything. I unchecked a lot of boxes.

2. Yup. To change this, go to the three dots in upper right, select View Mode, select Comfort. Default is Card view, which people seem to hate.

·
Registered
15,928 Posts
Yeah the default settings are really bad. The default settings need to be to show comfort view and full signatures. Changing those two things plus eliminating the restrictions on signatures would probably fix like half of the complaints in here.

Will any of these changes that the vast majority of respondents seem to want actually happen? Or is this thread just here to make us feel like we have a voice..

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Hello!
I will be here today as we begin to unpack from the move to this new software update. You may have a lot of questions or comments, or may need help orienting yourself to some of the things that look different around here. I hope I can help you feel comfortable navigating around.

My name is Gerrit, and I have been helping people figure out this software for the past year. Orienteering through new environments has always been in my life, from the different countries, states, and cities I’ve moved between throughout my life. Orienting yourself to new software usually takes time and I’ve found that having someone there along the way can help y’all get your bearings. While we all work through the new layout, it is all of these skills that I hope to bring here to you now.

Orienteering is never an easy skill, but with me as your guide through the site I hope that we can explore this brave new look for the site together. I won’t always have an immediate answer to your question, but I will work to find you the most accurate information together.

-Gerrit
Don’t mind the new layout. Like anything it will take some getting used to. However, the new site doesn’t work so well with TapaTalk Pro??? Also, is there a way to upload multiple images at the same time? Through TapaTalk there was an option to “select” a group of images up to 9 at one time??

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Have you considered your own APP? Would be nice for mobile users to get push notifications and tap to open without being logged out etc.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Copying and pasting from a different thread:
The only constant thing is Change...
It will take some acclimating to but it sounds like the usability has improved to be more in line with other sites.
I have never dug too deep into tweaking settings, but is there a way to hide the VCOA sub forums? I feel like they are out of order in the hierarchy of what most people go to use on the forum, and having to scroll past them all just to get to the car forums is a bit much. If the VCOA subsections were hidden from main page it would clean up the page immensely. Not a UX or programmer by any stretch of my imagination, just my two cents.

For the record, these days I hardly ever use a full blown computer or even my iPad for accessing the web, so my experiences are mainly via mobile.

·
Registered
15,928 Posts
Pictures are gone on all the old Swedespeed news stories

for example: 2005 Volvo S60 Sport Package

Is this going to get fixed or ???

Update: found the pictures but they're completely disconnected from the articles and you have to manually search for them. Very poor UX. Gallery

·
Registered
16 Posts
I see the ability to use custom avatars across all of swedespeed

I am hooked

But I am also missing being able to see latest posts on top :(

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
The views/replies number takes too much space, should be smaller, grayed out, if displayed at all. They are not useful. Sorted by them only makes older posts stay on top but new fresh posts deep down below.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
I get this from Windows Defender Smartscreen

This site has been reported as unsafe
Hosted by r.tapatalk.com
Microsoft recommends you don't continue to this site. It has been reported to Microsoft for containing harmful programs that may try to steal personal or financial information.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Jeez, the site became unreadable - what used to be a list of topics accessible at one glance now require reading of individual lines. I've been around for a while and this is worse iteration ever.
Do we really need colored square with first letter of the OP name? are we in kindergarten?

·
Registered
15,928 Posts
Can we get member location put back in under these new kindergarten-style icons? It's really helpful to see where people are especially on the classified subforums.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
There is no delete function to delete a post you've made. Any idea if this feature will be added or was it inadvertently overlooked?

21 - 40 of 259 Posts