SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

261 - 271 of 271 Posts

·
Administrator
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
We will continue to see regular updates that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

- Cricket

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
We will continue to see regular updates that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

- Cricket
Thanks for another canned response.

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
There are no plans to change the signature settings at this time.

How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters, and one external link in addition to internal links. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

- Cricket
LOL Bro we know how it works.....what we're telling you is we DON'T LIKE IT

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,774 Posts
The truth of the matter is, Over 95% of the revenue comes from traffic that’s random (non-members). If extending signatures means that random people coming here to see what viscosity blinker fluid they should use makes the site slower or show less ads somehow, thus turning them away, it’ll never happen.
This thread has, in my honest opinion, been created as an outlet for the actual users to vent in - that’s it. Apart from major usability issues like the site crashing when opened on “x” computer and “x” browser, no “suggestions” are or will ever be considered or even glanced at.
We can keep trying (because what else can we do?), but this isn’t anywhere near a democracy lol.
Unless someone actually shows signs of caring, like saying “we’ve talked to the devs, this is what they can do, and this is what they can’t [....]” etc. etc., overall, no one who can do something actually gives a shiit and it’ll stay like that indefinitely.
Am I right, Cricket? Lol.
If there’s no response to this, we can all assume that it’s an enthusiastic “of course!” from the owners.

·
Administrator
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Unless someone actually shows signs of caring, like saying “we’ve talked to the devs, this is what they can do, and this is what they can’t [....]” etc. etc., overall, no one who can do something actually gives a shiit and it’ll stay like that indefinitely.
Am I right, Cricket? Lol.
We have been transitioning sites since May of 2019, listening to feedback from every site and making updates on a regular basis.

- Cricket

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
We have been transitioning sites since May of 2019, listening to feedback from every site and making updates on a regular basis.

- Cricket
Wow; another canned response. Can we speak with your manager?

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,774 Posts

- Cricket
Thanks for the response. Although I assume you can't reply to every comment or suggestion, to quell tempers and instill some confidence in what's going on, maybe you could update the thread with at least some of the topics you've covered when mentioning feedback to developers?

For example:
"Hello everyone, this week, we covered:
1. JaredR's concern about "x" problem
2. MagnusCars' suggestion regarding the implementation of "y" feature
3. R-Pow3R3d's thoughts on "z" this bug/issue/etc.
4. "insert username here's" concern about "insert concern/issue here"
5. etc. etc.
The Developer team was receptive to issues 1, 2, and 3, and intend to explore them further, possibly implementing issue #2 in the next update around (whatever general time period) but issue 4 is untenable at the moment, and we won't be going that route (or something along those lines)."

I think regular and transparent discourse with the users who make this forum what it is is important - and I'm sure you do too - but due to the many generic responses, it often doesn't seem that way. I appreciate you telling us about the thoughts with the signatures so far, and I hope they will change (as it's a pretty important feature for a vast amount of users), but at least we know a bit about what's going on behind the scenes, and I believe it should continue.

·
Administrator
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Thanks for the response. Although I assume you can't reply to every comment or suggestion, to quell tempers and instill some confidence in what's going on, maybe you could update the thread with at least some of the topics you've covered when mentioning feedback to developers?

For example:
"Hello everyone, this week, we covered:
1. JaredR's concern about "x" problem
2. MagnusCars' suggestion regarding the implementation of "y" feature
3. R-Pow3R3d's thoughts on "z" this bug/issue/etc.
4. "insert username here's" concern about "insert concern/issue here"
5. etc. etc.
The Developer team was receptive to issues 1, 2, and 3, and intend to explore them further, possibly implementing issue #2 in the next update around (whatever general time period) but issue 4 is untenable at the moment, and we won't be going that route (or something along those lines)."

I think regular and transparent discourse with the users who make this forum what it is is important - and I'm sure you do too - but due to the many generic responses, it often doesn't seem that way. I appreciate you telling us about the thoughts with the signatures so far, and I hope they will change (as it's a pretty important feature for a vast amount of users), but at least we know a bit about what's going on behind the scenes, and I believe it should continue.
I would love to do that but to be honest, there are simply not enough hours in a day to do so, especially when I don't always know right away which suggestions will be implemented. I simply pass the information on to the developers. Once a month the release notes will include what was completed during the last 30 days and what they will be working on for the next 30 days.

- Cricket

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
I would love to do that but to be honest, there are simply not enough hours in a day to do so, especially when I don't always know right away which suggestions will be implemented. I simply pass the information on to the developers. Once a month the release notes will include what was completed during the last 30 days and what they will be working on for the next 30 days.

- Cricket
I would just like to say it is wonderfully refreshing to at least see you say something that isn't a canned response.

Looking at the upcoming features...
  • Homepage 2.0: I don't use the homepage and don't plan to change that.
  • Homepage algorithm will continue to be improved.
    • I like things to be chronological. Dislike content sorted on algorithms and don't use it due to being difficult to keep track of.
  • Tagging: This seems potentially useful. Will this allow us to do something like a hashtag for keywords in individual posts or would this be set by the thread author at the time they post it?
  • Ability To Search For Images Within Gallery/Showcase: Will images we paste into our forum posts be in this pool of images or ?? Not real sure where this is going.

·
Administrator
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
I would just like to say it is wonderfully refreshing to at least see you say something that isn't a canned response.

Looking at the upcoming features...
  • Homepage 2.0: I don't use the homepage and don't plan to change that.
  • Homepage algorithm will continue to be improved.
    • I like things to be chronological. Dislike content sorted on algorithms and don't use it due to being difficult to keep track of.
  • Tagging: This seems potentially useful. Will this allow us to do something like a hashtag for keywords in individual posts or would this be set by the thread author at the time they post it?
  • Ability To Search For Images Within Gallery/Showcase: Will images we paste into our forum posts be in this pool of images or ?? Not real sure where this is going.
At this time, I don't know the details in regard to upcoming features. Once I do, I will pass on the information to y'all.

- Cricket

261 - 271 of 271 Posts