SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a '98 V70/AWD. It currently has about 56K on the clock and we've had our share of minor issue's with it. Just thought I'd ask to see if these are common occurrences or not. Recently we've had the drivers side window switch panel replaced as it would intermittently work on the two passenger side windows. Right now it is also in the shop as the key won't turn once it's in the steering wheel. Turns out either the key or the steering wheel lock is worn down. Would these be considered common issue's with these models? I certainly figured things like window switches to last longer than 4 years or 56K, and they key/steering wheel lock as well.<P>

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2000 S70 SE GLT with just over 20,000 miles on it (I bought it last May with about 12,100 miles on the odometer). I had a problem last August with the right-rear passenger window not opening. The dealer traced the problem to a "faulty master window control switch," and replaced the switch under warranty. I've had some other problems, all electrical-related:<BR>-- failed turn-signal/emergency flasher switch<BR>-- failing steering-column antenna ring (for the encrypted ignition keys)<BR>-- failed airbag deployment sensor (warning light came on)<P>All these problems were fixed under warranty. According to Consumer Reports' reliability ratings, the 1998-99 S70s have a lot of electrical problems. It looks like they are continuing in the 2000 models. Otherwise, the car runs great and gets excellent mileage, and I'm happy with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts