SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with their cars?<P>-(2) recalls<BR>-Mass Airflow Meter<BR>-Idle control valve (I think that's what they called it)<BR>-Coolant temp sensor<BR>-some other sensor - can't remember all the sensors that have been replaced<BR>-abs wheel speed sensor<BR>-Window regulators (Both front windows)<BR>-Drivers side door lock actuator<BR>-Climate control shuts off periodically (if anyone has any insight on how to fix this PLEASE HELP - it's friggin hot here in Phoenix)<BR>-two, count them, two batteries in 28,000 miles<BR>-oil leak from the turbo return hoses<BR>-bolt sheared off turbo compressor wrecking it internally which pumped the intercooler and various other engine components with 4 courts of oil - that was fun<BR>-engine knocking (sounds like a diesel almost) on hard acceleration when engine is cold.<BR>-random key issues - car won't start - light of car with an X through it taunting me.<BR>-more light bulbs than a lite-brite toy<BR>-creaking (loud) drivers side power seat<BR>-faulty fuel guage<BR>-trip computer has a mind of it's own<P>Just seems that my car has been in the shop quite a bit since I purchased it in November of 2000. The check engine light and I go way back... we're good friends. This thing has had more software downloads than my home computer. <P>I got this car thinking it was going to be more reliable than my Jetta (which it is, but not much). A 78 Pinto would be more reliable that that damn Jetta. Don't even get me started... <P>Jon<BR>'01 S40 White/Taupe leather<BR>Unreliability Package <BR>Sport Package<BR>Cold Weather Package<BR>Premium Package<BR>Sunroof/Leather Package<BR>Audio Package<P>

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm considering buying a 2002 S40. Wondering if the "bugs" that the year 2000 and 2001 owners are having have been worked out or not. If not, it sounds like an S60 may be a better way to go. Anyone know? Thanks.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonBoy34:<BR><B>Wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with their cars?<P>-(2) recalls<BR>-Mass Airflow Meter<BR>-Idle control valve (I think that's what they called it)<BR>-Coolant temp sensor<BR>-some other sensor - can't remember all the sensors that have been replaced<BR>-abs wheel speed sensor<BR>-Window regulators (Both front windows)<BR>-Drivers side door lock actuator<BR>-Climate control shuts off periodically (if anyone has any insight on how to fix this PLEASE HELP - it's friggin hot here in Phoenix)<BR>-two, count them, two batteries in 28,000 miles<BR>-oil leak from the turbo return hoses<BR>-bolt sheared off turbo compressor wrecking it internally which pumped the intercooler and various other engine components with 4 courts of oil - that was fun<BR>-engine knocking (sounds like a diesel almost) on hard acceleration when engine is cold.<BR>-random key issues - car won't start - light of car with an X through it taunting me.<BR>-more light bulbs than a lite-brite toy<BR>-creaking (loud) drivers side power seat<BR>-faulty fuel guage<BR>-trip computer has a mind of it's own<P>Just seems that my car has been in the shop quite a bit since I purchased it in November of 2000. The check engine light and I go way back... we're good friends. This thing has had more software downloads than my home computer. <P>I got this car thinking it was going to be more reliable than my Jetta (which it is, but not much). A 78 Pinto would be more reliable that that damn Jetta. Don't even get me started... <P>Jon<BR>'01 S40 White/Taupe leather<BR>Unreliability Package <BR>Sport Package<BR>Cold Weather Package<BR>Premium Package<BR>Sunroof/Leather Package<BR>Audio Package<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi,<BR>I have a late 2001 v40 and can say that mine has given me 1 year of trouble free service (okay 1 check engine light at 20,000 km (aprox 12,000 miles) the car has 15,000 miles on it now, still no problems. I think they have gotten the bugs out (and that the first poster got more than his fair share of problems). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a later x40 to anyone.<BR>Scott M<BR>2001 V40<BR>1968 122<BR>

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gotta say, I love my 2002.<P>Valdemar is a workhorse! I drive like a maniac, so if I can't wear down the brakes or shake something loose, nobody can.<P>Poor Valdemar also seems to have an invisble "kick me" sign on him somewhere...this car has been hit, on average, once per month. While this is not good news, it also has given me an opportunity to test the model's resilience. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'...this is a solid vehicle. Have no fears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts