SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently drive a 17 volvo V60 T5 with the dynamic chassis. Overall, I am very pleased with the handling and steering feel of this vehicle. Awesome combo of comfort/refinement/handling/steering/luxury. I have not gotten a chance to test drive the new S60 yet but have been concerned by many reviews stating the car has numb/light steering and below average handling.

Any comments from last gen owners who have switched over or driven the new S60? The R-design is supposed to be better than the dynamic chassis? I hope Volvo has not taken a step back. The 9 month pull ahead is so tempting but I do not want get into a car that is worse than the previous generation. Why market the 60 series has a "sports" sedan if they have indeed numbed the feeling down further.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I currently drive a 17 volvo V60 T5 with the dynamic chassis. Overall, I am very pleased with the handling and steering feel of this vehicle. Awesome combo of comfort/refinement/handling/steering/luxury. I have not gotten a chance to test drive the new S60 yet but have been concerned by many reviews stating the car has numb/light steering and below average handling.

Any comments from last gen owners who have switched over or driven the new S60? The R-design is supposed to be better than the dynamic chassis? I hope Volvo has not taken a step back. The 9 month pull ahead is so tempting but I do not want get into a car that is worse than the previous generation. Why market the 60 series has a "sports" sedan if they have indeed numbed the feeling down further.
I don't want to be that "fight-the-hypo" or "fight-the-question" guy but it is better than my 2016 428 Gran Coupe up until about 80 MPH. BMW was a little better at higher speeds.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to be that "fight-the-hypo" or "fight-the-question" guy but it is better than my 2016 428 Gran Coupe up until about 80 MPH. BMW was a little better at higher speeds.
That' is def good news. I originally switched over to the V60 from the last generation F30 3 series myself. That generation was a huge disappointment. The V60 is a much better all around vehicle. I actually find the V60 just as stable/solid at speeds above 80mph and in fact even quieter than the 3 series. Do you have the R-design?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Either put the car in Dynamic, or create an Individual Drive Mode with the steering set at "High". I think it gives the best steering feel (this is highly subjective)
During my extended test drive that's what I did.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oddly enough , the car feels better and more composed in the default comfort setting. The steering set to high feels really artificial and overboosted. It’s almost like the chassis gets confused and the car feels floaty. Thoughts ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts