SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background: I own an MY'05 XC90 T6 (~140k miles) with a failed tranny. It's sitting outside the dealership where I just picked up my new MY'13 XC90, waiting for a reman tranny to be found.

So, I picked up my new R-Design XC90 tonight ... it had 7 miles on it to start. Here are my comments:

- After unloading stuff from my old XC90 into the new '90, the Nav and Radio (complete system) failed to operate.

- The satellite radio antenna detached from the roof at about 90mph and is flopping around on the roof.

- The 3.2 engine sucks. Period. Dot. Punkt. Sucks.

·
Administrator
55,891 Posts
Is this a loaner or one you purchased? Sounds like this "new" XC wasn't quite put together or was taken apart to work on the NAV/SAT setup based on what happened.

The 3.2 is challenged in any AWD Volvo, especially the XC90. A FWD 3.2 XC60 is ok.

Take it back to the dealer and see if there is an alternative XC90 available.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sounds like whoever did Nav install was close to punching the clock on a friday afternoon. If you are set on keeping it, then spend the next few hours checking everything in the vehicle. Make a list of what is not right and take it to the dealer ASAP and have them make it right. Chances are there is nothing wrong with the car, someone just did a half a$$ job at the dealer or port installing the accessories.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts