SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From poking around, I see that there were three different spring sets stock for the S40/V50/C30. How does one tell which set you have? i.e. Were different sets stock on different model years, or particular trims/markets?

·
Registered
837 Posts
theres a thread on here for that. its pretty hard if i recall and requires looking at the rear shock I believe or a sticker underneath.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, but finding that thread is next to impossible with this search feature....
Exactly why I'm asking. Tried searching all manner of things first, "comfort springs" "stock springs" "dynamic springs" "OEM springs" etc, to no avail.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
The answer lies in here. Digits #17-24. Supply this number & you can look everything up. Springs, sway-bars, shocks, etc. Unfortunately there are a huge number of variables (like 6 different "comfort" shocks) to print off the whole list. I'll be gone for a couple days but can look it up for you when I return. Anyone else with VIDA can help you as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'll check the plate today, and see what I can dig up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Regarding this, two questions, has anyone bothered with the OEM sport springs that IIRC lower the car roughly 20mm? Worth it for a daily driver or is the Eibach kit better? Also does anyone have the link of the Volvo OEM site that lists these items for sale? I know the link was here and I've been to the site to browse, but I cannot find it for the life of me.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Volvo Accessory Page
Part # 30664256 "Lowering Spring Set". A few people including myself have used these springs. It's a noticeable improvement with minimal drop for those of us looking for factory sport suspension. In other words, I wanted firmer, more precise handling but refuse to go lower than this. I drive the car year round, sometimes in deep snow. I've also hit or just barely cleared my share of road debris over the years & don't need the worry of a damaged spoiler or oil pan.
Is the Eibach better? Better handling, yes. Low riders & MN winters don't mix though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The answer lies in here. Digits #17-24. Supply this number & you can look everything up. Springs, sway-bars, shocks, etc. Unfortunately there are a huge number of variables (like 6 different "comfort" shocks) to print off the whole list. I'll be gone for a couple days but can look it up for you when I return. Anyone else with VIDA can help you as well.

Hello,

Sorry for replying this old thread, I have VIDA installed but I cannot retrieve the information from my car. What I've read from the plate is: 203195738C72, could you show me where to look for it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's a handy article by MNIWT:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/blog/posts/locating_p1_product_plate_v50

On an N.A. S40, the plate is on the passenger B pillar, accessed through the rear passenger door.
Hello! I already got the numbers from the plate, but I read before that it was possible to decode it with VIDA, my idea was to know the diameter of the sway bars (front and rear), to change it for the Focus ST bars, as right now it understeers a lot...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Here is what the plate looks like on a Dybamic Package V50 T5 AWD AW55 looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Limonge:

Refer to This Thread.

Take your number 203195738C72 Look up each item in VIDA & match up the code number. Some items will indicate comfort, etc. Usually shocks & sway bars. Be careful though, the same sway bar code can be in a different class on different cars. Sorry, but Volvo doesn't list any diameters, etc. for springs & sway bars so you'll be out of luck there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I remember exploring Volvo Lisle website and finding numerous "sport" designations for springs and sway bars. the BIG question is, is there any difference between any of them. I ordered and installed a spring kit rec. in the Swedespeed intro area. lowered car about 3/4" which was fine, the is a bit on the soft side; this is with Bilstein B4 in the front and OEM in the rear. If you want minimal lowering go with OEM springs, Eibach is about 1/2" lower. OEM springs are $$$ compared to Eibach or anyone else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.