You can purchase a power folding mirror kit. I have it installed. The only thing is, it actuates via a button on the center console, not the remote. I'd love to have this function since remembering to fold the mirrors in and out every time I get in/out of the car before I turn off the ignition is a bit of a pain.The mirrors would pre-suppose some sort of actuating motor, which our Rs don't have (the covers seem to have been replaced on the one in the video.)
Oh my god...gauge sweep at ignition on? I'm going to be in the Netherlands in a few weeks...where can I buy this?I just read this topic.
In the Netherlands we do have a canbus expert ("Marcel") who hase developed a canbus device.
It is now commercially available through Volvotech company:
This canbus device is capable of adding the following functionalities:
FUNCTIONS IN CFE HARDWARE/SOFTWARE:
- Auto unlock all doors when driver door is openend.
- Retract mirrors at car lock.
- Extend mirrors at car unlock.
- Mirror angling when car is in reverse.
- Windows automatically UP at car lock.
- Windows automatically DOWN at car unlock.
- Close sunroof at car lock.
- Open sunroof at car open.
- Change auto wash/wipe time.
- Auto indicator blink X times when handle used shortly.
- Enable daiytime running lights.
- Enable fog lights with High beam - Extend approach (follow me home) lights with other lights.
- Switch parking heater on/off with car remote.
- Auto activate seat heater at engine start.
- Gauge sweep at ignition on.
- Mute HU volume when car is in reverse.
- Set cruise control to enabled after engine start
You're right, and according to the website - I have an 803 (had an 803) radio and its a 4 on the 10th digit of my VIN, so this should work with the AEM setup. I sent the email to 'double check', would hate to order from Netherlands just to ask for a return because I didn't do my homework.Just one tip:
On the volvotech website a list of all supported models/years is available.
And the device is still be beeing developed. So more models will be included and even more importantly, more functionality will be added.