SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to purchase the module for these functions?

Comfort Blinkers:

Auto fold mirrors on lock/unlock:

Auto down windows on lock/unlock:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
If I had power folding mirrors the second video would be really slick. I can just see me accidentally hitting the lock x 3 feature accidentally when trying to get into the car with an arm full of groceries during a typical Florida storm. Of course the rain would then short out the window module and it wouldn't go back up, that would be SO much fun!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My '07 VR has the 'press-for-3-blinks' turn signal feature, which I like - I keep forgetting our '02 S60 doesn't, The only issue is there isn't a 'cancel', If you change your mind and press up you get 3 blinks in the other direction.

An Audi we used to have had both the folding mirrors and the open-windows-with-keyfob features. The mirrors would pre-suppose some sort of actuating motor, which our Rs don't have (the covers seem to have been replaced on the one in the video.) The window opening is my second favorite feature after memory-seat-settings-tied-to-keyfob (my spouse is 8 inches shorter), so count me in.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My 2001 Audi had the widow (and sunroof) feature great on hot days or when I left the windows down at night. Walk over to the back door and roll up the widows from inside the house.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
The mirrors would pre-suppose some sort of actuating motor, which our Rs don't have (the covers seem to have been replaced on the one in the video.)
You can purchase a power folding mirror kit. I have it installed. The only thing is, it actuates via a button on the center console, not the remote. I'd love to have this function since remembering to fold the mirrors in and out every time I get in/out of the car before I turn off the ignition is a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
So what is involved with getting the comfort blinkers on an 04 SR?

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
From all of the attempts that I have made to get an answer to this, it seems that only the 2007's have the "lane change" blinker available. It is hard-coded into the main control modules somewhere, as many of the part numbers are the same across model years (allegedly).

There was also talk of the auto window down feature. I am guessing that those features are a combination of the car in the video being both 2007+, and/or European. I think it'd be interesting to get Lucky's thoughts... ;)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The V70 T5 in the videos is a Euro spec MY2000 !! :O

A little more digging found these...

CAN controller

Comfort Blinkers message in DIM:

Autofold message in DIM:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Canbus device is adding the desired functionality

I just read this topic.
In the Netherlands we do have a canbus expert ("Marcel") who hase developed a canbus device.
It is now commercially available through Volvotech company:
(http://www.volvotech.eu/product_info.php/products_id/354?osCsid=7h3kibveti57l94e0s16vk7704).
This canbus device is capable of adding the following functionalities:
FUNCTIONS IN CFE HARDWARE/SOFTWARE:
- Auto unlock all doors when driver door is openend.
- Retract mirrors at car lock.
- Extend mirrors at car unlock.
- Mirror angling when car is in reverse.
- Windows automatically UP at car lock.
- Windows automatically DOWN at car unlock.
- Close sunroof at car lock.
- Open sunroof at car open.
- Change auto wash/wipe time.
- Auto indicator blink X times when handle used shortly.
- Enable daiytime running lights.
- Enable fog lights with High beam - Extend approach (follow me home) lights with other lights.
- Switch parking heater on/off with car remote.
- Auto activate seat heater at engine start.
- Gauge sweep at ignition on.
- Mute HU volume when car is in reverse.
- Set cruise control to enabled after engine start

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I just read this topic.
In the Netherlands we do have a canbus expert ("Marcel") who hase developed a canbus device.
It is now commercially available through Volvotech company:
(http://www.volvotech.eu/product_info.php/products_id/354?osCsid=7h3kibveti57l94e0s16vk7704).
This canbus device is capable of adding the following functionalities:
FUNCTIONS IN CFE HARDWARE/SOFTWARE:
- Auto unlock all doors when driver door is openend.
- Retract mirrors at car lock.
- Extend mirrors at car unlock.
- Mirror angling when car is in reverse.
- Windows automatically UP at car lock.
- Windows automatically DOWN at car unlock.
- Close sunroof at car lock.
- Open sunroof at car open.
- Change auto wash/wipe time.
- Auto indicator blink X times when handle used shortly.
- Enable daiytime running lights.
- Enable fog lights with High beam - Extend approach (follow me home) lights with other lights.
- Switch parking heater on/off with car remote.
- Auto activate seat heater at engine start.
- Gauge sweep at ignition on.
- Mute HU volume when car is in reverse.
- Set cruise control to enabled after engine start
Oh my god...gauge sweep at ignition on? I'm going to be in the Netherlands in a few weeks...where can I buy this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh my god...gauge sweep at ignition on? I'm going to be in the Netherlands in a few weeks...where can I buy this?
Volvotech is an internetshop, but they do also own a garage. Suggestion is to fill in the contact form and get in touch with Bob (owner of Volvotech)

·
Registered
41 Posts
In fact all youtube videos shown over here are made by a Dutch guy, who has the canbus device installed i was referring to.....

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I sent them an email, I'll probably pick this up - its pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jackpot!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just one tip:
On the volvotech website a list of all supported models/years is available.
And the device is still be beeing developed. So more models will be included and even more importantly, more functionality will be added.
The 2005+ models (as I understood from the Dutch volvo forum) are more difficult to include, but will be included in time..

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Just one tip:
On the volvotech website a list of all supported models/years is available.
And the device is still be beeing developed. So more models will be included and even more importantly, more functionality will be added.
You're right, and according to the website - I have an 803 (had an 803) radio and its a 4 on the 10th digit of my VIN, so this should work with the AEM setup. I sent the email to 'double check', would hate to order from Netherlands just to ask for a return because I didn't do my homework.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts