SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a huge rev up, but the motor definitely revs a bit when I release the gas and disengage the clutch to shift.

So.....Worn out CBV seal or spring maybe? The car does have 50k on it after all.

I'll be under the car soon installing goodies, so I was just wondering if that's the likely culprit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Come off throttle and experience an RPM rise? (Body Massage)

Try cleaning the throttle plate/ throttle body first. Easy, cheap. At 50K its past due in my book.

·
Super Moderator
14,857 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Body Massage »
It's not a huge rev up, but the motor definitely revs a bit when I release the gas and disengage the clutch to shift.

So.....Worn out CBV seal or spring maybe? The car does have 50k on it after all.

I'll be under the car soon installing goodies, so I was just wondering if that's the likely culprit.

Thanks.

Yes, mine does this too...always has. I think its the latency of the drive-by-wire throttle and the boost in the line before it gets released.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Come off throttle and experience an RPM rise? (phuz)

I suppose that makes sense. This is my first manual "new" Volvo. My last manual Volvo had a mechanical throttle. As long as it isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
418 Posts

My 2005 V70 R has done this since brand new. Never liked it, because it sounds to others like I don't know how to coordinate my right foot with my shifting hand. I've put up with it for the past 4 years.

·
Super Moderator
14,857 Posts
Re: Come off throttle and experience an RPM rise? (MAC1LSR)

Quote, originally posted by MAC1LSR »
My 2005 V70 R has done this since brand new. Never liked it, because it sounds to others like I don't know how to coordinate my right foot with my shifting hand. I've put up with it for the past 4 years.

Yes...haha...that is exactly how I feel too when doing some high-intensity driving. lol, nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.