SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a huge rev up, but the motor definitely revs a bit when I release the gas and disengage the clutch to shift.<p>So.....Worn out CBV seal or spring maybe? The car does have 50k on it after all.<p>I'll be under the car soon installing goodies, so I was just wondering if that's the likely culprit.<p>Thanks.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Come off throttle and experience an RPM rise? (Body Massage)

Try cleaning the throttle plate/ throttle body first. Easy, cheap. At 50K its past due in my book.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Body Massage</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not a huge rev up, but the motor definitely revs a bit when I release the gas and disengage the clutch to shift.<p>So.....Worn out CBV seal or spring maybe? The car does have 50k on it after all.<p>I'll be under the car soon installing goodies, so I was just wondering if that's the likely culprit.<p>Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yes, mine does this too...always has. I think its the latency of the drive-by-wire throttle and the boost in the line before it gets released.

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Come off throttle and experience an RPM rise? (phuz)

I suppose that makes sense. This is my first manual "new" Volvo. My last manual Volvo had a mechanical throttle. As long as it isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
418 Posts

My 2005 V70 R has done this since brand new. Never liked it, because it sounds to others like I don't know how to coordinate my right foot with my shifting hand. I've put up with it for the past 4 years.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Re: Come off throttle and experience an RPM rise? (MAC1LSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MAC1LSR</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My 2005 V70 R has done this since brand new. Never liked it, because it sounds to others like I don't know how to coordinate my right foot with my shifting hand. I've put up with it for the past 4 years.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yes...haha...that is exactly how I feel too when doing some high-intensity driving. lol, nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts