SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know body coloured mouldings are now available for the S80, originally being introduced on the 75th Anniversary but now being an option across the range. My question is, are body coloured mouldings available for the S60, whether it be from Volvo or from another aftermarket company? A response would be appreciated.

Oliver

PS - I see that a lot of people have had colour and wheel dilemnas. what do you all think of Polar Arctic (Ice) Blue, and the BBS 18" Nebulas now available for the S80s/60s?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Re: Colour-coded bumpers available for S60? (oliver2015)

Frankly I just don't think the color moldings look good...at least the ones for the S40. I am just going to a body shop and tell them to prep my moldings and paint it with the paint that they use on the rest of the car body because the ones from the S40 are just colored plastic and not the actual paint. I think S80 uses actual paint. forgot...well they don't have it for S60 yet thou

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: Colour-coded bumpers available for S60? (Mr. T5)

I dont think they are coming out for the S60. However, after the winter I am taking my white S60 to the body shop and im gonna paint all the moldings. The person who is gonna do them does great work and they wont chip after they are painted. I saw his work and they last, besides he is gonna give me a lifetime warrentee on the paint. Im gonna paint everything piece of blk on my car white, from the bumpers to the bottom, and even the side mirrors. this jobs gonna cost my a bit over a G. However its a great price so im goin for it. Ill be sure to post pics as soon as its done.

WiseGuy

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Re: Colour-coded bumpers available for S60? (oliver2015)

Oliver,

Like everyone above has said, body colored mouldings are not available from Volvo for the S60, but you can go to a shop that specializes in such things to have it done. Make sure that they use a "FLEX" agent in the paint, that is very important.

BTW, the Nebula's are super nice looking wheels, but I am not so sure about Polar Arctic blue.

-Drew

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: Colour-coded bumpers available for S60? (WiseGuyVolvoS60)

maybe it would be overkill but what do you think about getting white rims too.. is there a way to sand down the anteras then powdercoat them white? a 100% white s60 might be sweet..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.