SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed my order to reflect Vibrant Copper Metallic instead of the Caspian Blue I was originally going with. I'm keeping the beige Interior because I could just never do black leather (or the beech wood for that matter)!

Has anyone ever seen this combination of colors before? (Or anything close?) I'm just slightly worried about my cars resemblence to a creamsicle even though, at the same time, I'm kinda really looking foward to it! :D

Thoughts? I'll take 'em!

Pictures? Post them!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I love creamsicles :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think it could be cool. It might actually read a bit creamsical but thats not bad. I saw an orange c30 once with the blonde leather and it was sweet. You might go for the off-black-beige contrast interior. That has beige door panel inserts and seat surfaces and seat backs/bottoms/plastics are black. It looks awesome and real sporty. Woud suit a vibrant copper well I think.

You can get beechwood with beige interior in Europe/osd and that def looks creamsicle but neat nonetheless.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Caspian Blue with Beechwood FTW.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I went with the beechwood -- I love the baseball glove color -- with the Vibrant Orange. That color has turned heads during OSD and home in the US.

The diecast model car Volvo sells is in the color. You can also get nail polish in the paint color...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like the combo of the Copper exterior with the full beige interior. I think they compliment well.

On the other hand, the dealer had a S60 with savile grey exterior, beige interior but with beechwood seats, and I loved the interior combo! looks very nice.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Absolutely. Or Savile Grey w/ Beechwood.
My only qualm with Savile Grey is the way the plastic trim on the rear bumper blends too well. I feel like this color takes some of the dynamic appearance away from the car. I'm dying to see a Savile Grey S60 w/ Sport Appearance Kit and possibly also the R-Design mirrors. I did see an R-Design which looked nice in Saville Grey, but alas no Beechwood w/ R Design!

·
Registered
176 Posts
My only qualm with Savile Grey is the way the plastic trim on the rear bumper blends too well. I feel like this color takes some of the dynamic appearance away from the car. I'm dying to see a Savile Grey S60 w/ Sport Appearance Kit and possibly also the R-Design mirrors. I did see an R-Design which looked nice in Saville Grey, but alas no Beechwood w/ R Design!
There´s a plastic trim on the rear bumper? LOL You are right it does blend with the Saville Grey. I´ve seen Saville Grey S60s with the appereance kit and they look very good. The silver accents complement very well with the dark grey color. Even though I like the kit I´m not sure I will get it for my V60 because somehow it makes it resemble a XC60 and the ONE thing I don´t want is to make my wagon look like SUV or crossover. On the S60 it looks awesome though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Adding the R-Design side mirrors and the R-Design rear diffuser helps is a nice inexpensive way to make the Savile Grey color really pop out on a T5 or T6.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have the Savile Grey with appearance package and beachwood interior and I love it. The appearance package gives it a very sporty and sharp look.
Question: Are the RD silver mirror covers plastic or aluminum?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I believe they are plastic with silk metallic powdercoat but hopefully someone else will have a more definite answer!

I'm really stuck on colors now myself. I love a few colors with the sport appearance package. If I went with Ice White, I think I would actually repaint the sport appearance package, probably in a metallic black. I've been trying to find photos of Ice White w/ the kit so I can photoshop it but it seems like no one has it done.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Here's a color combination we will rarely see here in the US. Both exterior and interior colors are available via OSD custom order only. Exterior: Electrum Gold, Interior: Beechwood and soft beige (Beechwood is normally only available with off-black for US bound cars).

From thread: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?177900-on-our-way-THANKS-BOB!

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Here's a color combination we will rarely see here in the US. Both exterior and interior colors are available via OSD custom order only. Exterior: Electrum Gold, Interior: Beechwood and soft beige (Beechwood is normally only available with off-black for US bound cars).
And there's good reason that beechwood only comes with off-black.

·
Registered
10 Posts
And there's good reason that beechwood only comes with off-black.
lol - remind me not to invite y'all to ride in my car. Or, maybe I should. You might find it more appealing in person when you're actually experiencing the combination of the interior surfaces including the urbane inlays.
Having picked it up and driven it a bit in Sweden, I'm thrilled with my color choices, inside and out. And doubly happy thinking about the months the car will spend in FL where it doesn't need dark surfaces to absorb more of the already-too-hot rays. Lighter feels better to me even, or especially, with the beechwood.
Personally, I don't find black or the many shades of silver and gray that are so popular in the U.S. appealing whatsoever, inside or out - too common, too dull. I may suffer on resale but I'm sure as hell gonna enjoy it while it's mine.
Each to his own. Enjoy YOUR choices.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Personally, I don't find black or the many shades of silver and gray that are so popular in the U.S. appealing whatsoever, inside or out - too common, too dull. I may suffer on resale but I'm sure as hell gonna enjoy it while it's mine.
Each to his own. Enjoy YOUR choices.
Couldn't agree more! and I'll never understand why people buy convertibles with a black interior!! Personally, I like the beechwood and soft beige.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Couldn't agree more! and I'll never understand why people buy convertibles with a black interior!! Personally, I like the beechwood and soft beige.
Thanks, ecoDrive! I'll contact you on my first trip through VA on the way to FL so we can trade rides for a day. Flamenco Red was one of my early choices!

The main thing is that we get to pick what appeals to us whether other people like it or not - especially with OSD where we can pick and choose instead of getting stuck with unwanted accessories like nav when all we really want is premium sound.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts