SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is Dynamite Blue kind of like Magic Blue or lighter? Anyway seems V90CC could have different colors.
No idea, but I know there are 13 colors in total (10 of which are metallic paint). They will probably bring in more colors during the year.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Charlie Brown? Snow White? And I thought Scandinavians lacked humor!
They do, in spades.

This list of colors must be a joke.

No Black? NECESSARY FOR A HIGHER END SEDAN
No Dark Red? VERY POPULAR IN THE US IN SEDANS
No Dark Grey (as in the new XC90 color.... which is gorgeous) AN OVERSIGHT

I sure hope the OP is incorrect because if he is right, this is a fail before it starts!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
They do, in spades.

I sure hope the OP is incorrect because if he is right, this is a fail before it starts!
No joke, but I believe there was a black color as well...might not have catched the name.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Midsummer Night is probably a variant of black. These probably are new colors added to list of some existing XC90 colors.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There will be as I wrote earlier 13 colors in total (3 nonmetallic, probably Ice White, Solid Red and Grey!)...hope there is one in dark red!

Sales start 25th of January in Sweden, there will probably be more info available soon. The standard equipment over here is quite impressive.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
According to the configurator which is from VOLVO and not YOU. what you posted is almost 100% INcorrect.
I really wish some of you stop posting BS when it can be proved you are WRONG.

I would be curious how much mine would cost since I have checked off almost every single option!
More than I could afford right now

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to the configurator which is from VOLVO and not YOU. what you posted is almost 100% INcorrect.

I would be curious how much mine would cost since I have checked off almost every single option!
More than I could afford right now
http://youtu.be/Xv5KcrcbqO0

Scroll to 7:08 to hear my BS.
Good night!

·
Registered
167 Posts
No need to be rude. Volvokhaled was simply quoting what Thomas Ingenlath mentioned.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
They do, in spades.

Jim,

There is a black color available. Dark Red? That color is just so out of fashion right now, especially in larger sedans. Take rate is virtually non-existent among luxury brands...I only see it in a few Altimas, Mazda 5s and similar cars.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
volvokhaled has posted REAL pics of real pre-production cars and has often provided other REAL info. I often wonder if they're violating an NDA with Volvo.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Jim,

There is a black color available. Dark Red? That color is just so out of fashion right now, especially in larger sedans. Take rate is virtually non-existent among luxury brands...I only see it in a few Altimas, Mazda 5s and similar cars.
Well, Ford, GM, Chrysler et al all offer this color. Foreign cars, less so. Personally I dislike dark red I just mentioned it.
However Volvo's own configurator offers almost completely different colors, so Yannis, who is correct?

A simple question to someone for someone should know the answer

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
http://youtu.be/Xv5KcrcbqO0

Scroll to 7:08 to hear my BS.
Good night!
I find that quite interesting. Volvo shows that (ugly) light blue first, yet is not mentioned in his speech. The other colors he showed are not bad. However...go on the configurator and...
WHO IS RIGHT?
I've seen and heard mistakes from Auto Show people and I've seen mistakes on the config, so let's both wait and see what is really offered in2-3 months.
He doesn't mention my new favorite Volvo color, that light grey, yet the configurator allowed me to build the S90 I would want!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Wow, OP from Sweden posts info direct from Volvo to help with everyone's speculation, but there's no apology for the vitriol even after he posts a video link.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Well, Ford, GM, Chrysler et al all offer this color. Foreign cars, less so. Personally I dislike dark red I just mentioned it.
However Volvo's own configurator offers almost completely different colors, so Yannis, who is correct?

A simple question to someone for someone should know the answer
These will be the initial color offerings for the S90:

019 Black Stone
467 Magic Blue Metallic
614 Ice White
707 Crystal White Pearl Metallic
711 Bright Silver Metallic
714 Osmium Grey Metallic
717 Onyx Black Metallic
719 Luminous Sand Metallic
721 Mussel Blue Metallic

However, I am NOT saying that volvokhaled is wrong, though. ;)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts