SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I am looking for an option that will allow me to easily color match my lower bumper to the rest of the car (lower bumper is currently the stock textured black plastic). I have pondered sanding the texture down, priming, and painting it. However, I would like a bit of a style change to the lower portion of the bumper if possible.

Now I have heard before that some V70(R) rear bumpers are two pieces (Upper/Lower?), and some may not be. So do I have any options there with possibly swapping out either the entire rear bumper, or swapping the lower valence portion from an R onto my existing setup?

Another option could be aftermarket valences, however I would prefer something OEM that would have a better chance of fitting properly. If anyone has recommendations on valences I would definitely check them out, but they seem far and in between.

2001 T5

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
NOT
Rs are all one piece

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Wrong JRL. Here's a photo of an 05 VR bumper taken apart at the factory joint.

That said, I doubt you can put the R valence on a non R bumper, and I doubt an R bumper would look right on an XC with the fender flares they have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Very interesting. I'm now curious to see how my bumper is pieced together (if it is) and if it shares mounting points with 04/05 Rs.

That said, I doubt you can put the R valence on a non R bumper, and I doubt an R bumper would look right on an XC with the fender flares they have.
And it would be going on a T5, not XC...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
LD, he was not referring to Rs (and 2004 V70R bumpers are one piece)
OP, the 04 and 05 are completely different. You cannot (easily) mount an 05-07 bumper to a 2001-2003, everything behind the bumper, mounts, etc is different and for the second time, if you have a standard V70 the bumper is ONE piece!

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Oh I got fooled when you said textured black plastic, I just assumed XC.

Didn't know the mounting underneath was different on 05 and up.

On the other hand, anything is possible with bondo, sandpaper, and paint. My boss at my last job painted his Audi Allroad black cladding in all body color. Looked nice and custom.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
This (04's plastic ) was sanded and painted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts