SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i worked my ass off all day to day and a bit yesterday. lots of work done, probably a sun burn, and lots of sweat i even cut my finger...so there is the blood lol.

any way as my thought thread said, my new offset wheels are delayed for another 3 weeks at least.... and that is until they get material to make them, so add at the minimum a week if not 2...eff.:facepalm:
So with the IPD garage sale and show coming up this weekend and my current wheels looking just plain nasty i had to do something. So i decided to do color matched lips on my wheels as that was the only ugly spots on my wheels.

after a trial spot on the lip with a dremel and a grinding wheel i was presently surprised to find that the metal its self was fine and was the finish its self. it broke up easy, and cleaned up fairly well, but not perfect. again i knew it wasnt going to be perfect as it was.

before work

after

here is a video of the process....warning its a cringer to watch

after this process i sanded down the finish every where else and masked off and primed and painted. pretty straight forward really.
on to pics

sanded

mask, did click one with the spokes maksed as well.

drying

on the car....a very dirty car

CLEAN CAR!!!

personally i think this is a 10ft job, looks good at 10 ft lol, not that it looks bad by all means but the lips were left with low spots from the finish issues, but it does look good, thats just nit picking the heck out of it... that and curb rash.

comments welcome, good or bad. :beer:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
i think they look great! nice job.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Huh, that looks really good. I wasn't expecting to like it as I don't like polished lips, but the color match looks great.

·
Super Moderator
15,145 Posts
Same, I think it looks great! While I've never been a fan of polished lips either, these look different. :thumbup:

Accent color matching in wheels is awesome in my book. That's part of why I love the Midirs, they match my car to begin with :p

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Looks factory!

Great! :)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, i still have some overspray to clean up, sure its there if you look. Friday is ultimate detail day, gotta get spiffy for the ipd show. wash clay polish multiple waxings, plastic dye, goo gone.... and now some acetone. good thing she cleans up well, and i cant wait to use my new orbital buffer on it!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
you did a great job on the wheels,clean. I still have to detail for the GS, Hope to see most of you P1 SS member, you wont miss my car haha

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks matt, hope you make it too man. and jordan i have to as well, i took friday off just to do so. wash clay polish wax the works.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
oh wow! looking great, dan! nice work!!!

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Nice they look much better now. Since I can't take anymore time off this month after going on vaca I HIGHLY doubt I'm going to make it which is a bummer.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
They look great, hopefully I'll be able to check them out at IPD.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Nice Job man! :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts