SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do some eyelids but the place I get mine from didn't have red samples I wanted. I got some but I don't think its quite right. In the sun its perfect but in the shade the vinyl is lighter. Sort of hard to see with the glare but the other side is off. Wondering what others with passion red volvos used.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Or don't drive on cloudy days... :p I think it looks good! Maybe crossie will chime in-he bought some oracal a while back for his.

·
Super Moderator
15,146 Posts
I'll agree that I do see a color difference.

Did you search? I'm not sure if this will help.

Also, can I see a front picture of your fog grilles? Did you paint the part around the light and leave the grille part black? I've been thinking of doing this, just not sure I want to experiment around with FGM paint when it costs so much.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I think the difference is subtle but I know when you notice something on your car its a problem haha. If you can't find any color match why not try some black or carbon fiber printed vinyl.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That link was good. gonna try some oracle stuff. using 3m now. I'll just take the Honda on the cloudy days. I did paint the part around the fog light.

sorta wanna smooth them out and match the car... project for another day

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Or don't drive on cloudy days... :p I think it looks good! Maybe crossie will chime in-he bought some oracal a while back for his.
yeah I used oracal as in the linked thread. then again, I can't remember the exact number. you'll probably be better off just to get some different red samples and testing it out, before applying. as mentioned, the oracal red isn't a perfect match, but close enough... you notice it only in the dark with amber or yellow street lamps around.

just went to my vinyl guy today to pick up some more of the gloss black vinyl. gonna redo the eyelids soon...

·
Super Moderator
15,146 Posts
sorta wanna smooth them out and match the car... project for another day
Oh, I see. I did a similar thing with painting mine. From the original picture, it looked like you had painted the part just around the light red, and left the fake grille part black. Could be interesting, just not sure it would look clean though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts