SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search on this but haven't found any info. I have noticed since picking up the car that the warning light nor audible sound has not come on during my drives. I have set the system for long, normal and short and have had cars pull in front at short range but have seen nothing. I have activated the ACC and made sure that works, since they both use the same radar module. I have checked the manual and online manual to see if there is a fuse for that system which is burnt out but did not see one listed. Any ideas?

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is from manual:

"The collision warning system does not work in all driving situations and traffic, weather and road conditions.
The collision warning system does not react to slow vehicles, stationary vehicles or vehicles travelling in another direction to the host vehicle.
Warnings are given at the earliest in the event of high collision risk. The Function section and after informs about limitations that the driver must be aware of before use."

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Marko, I am aware of what's in the manual. I recently test drove a S60 T6 with the Polestar tune which had the same system and it would light up incrementally as I drove through traffic and folks pulled in front going a bit slower (maybe I didn't mention that part) which eventually triggered the warning noise. I know that car as a newer system but was expecting something (based on how I was driving). What has been others experience with the way this system works in the older S80?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have 2006 S80 V8 with this warning and it works. On road crossing if car in front turns right and I am too close I get red warning and beep.

·
Registered
134 Posts
"On road crossing if car in front turns right and I am too close I get red warning and beep."

Yes, that's the condition mine goes off too. Always a car is perpendicular to mine.

And after I get over my heart attack, I always ask why? Because we are never that close.

Honestly, I would be glad if mine never went off at all, since it scares the bejeezus out of me every time.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Mine goes off when cars are turning right as well. I can force mine to go off if I accelerate behind a car in the right lane of the freeway and change lanes fairly close to his rear end.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine goes off when cars are turning right as well. I can force mine to go off if I accelerate behind a car in the right lane of the freeway and change lanes fairly close to his rear end.
Yeah, someone that drives like I do (at times), lol! Well, on the way home today in the rain and slow traffic, it flashed and beeped at me as traffic on the on ramp came to a halt real fast as I was adjusting the radio. Good to know it's not something I have to worry about replacing as the parts on those things are not cheap.

Thanks for the responses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yeah, someone that drives like I do (at times), lol! Well, on the way home today in the rain and slow traffic, it flashed and beeped at me as traffic on the on ramp came to a halt real fast as I was adjusting the radio. Good to know it's not something I have to worry about replacing as the parts on those things are not cheap.

Thanks for the responses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I once looked away to check my blind spot. The warning went off and I slammed on the brakes. The truck in front of me had stopped on the off-ramp. I stopped about 6" away from his rear bumper!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's nice that the newer models actually has the autonomous emergency braking system however, it seems like it should be something that could be activated on the older models as well. Something like modifying the firmware or some sort of software update. Also tried out the adaptive cruise control and it works quite well. Years ago I would be against these technologies in a car, saying it dulls your skills, but after years of being stuck in traffic and a quick glance from the road could turn into an accident, I have come to appreciate these systems and would like to have a new car with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts