SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While backing my 2017 S90 up today in a funeral home parking lot I managed to back it into a guard rail. Unfortunately none of the backup sensors uttered a sound to warn me. The quarter panel, bumper and taillight are all damaged. Does anyone have experience with collision repair at either of the two local Volvo dealers (Bill Gray or Bobby Rahal) in the Pittsburgh area?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a similar accident to the tune of $2400.
I’m taking it to Classic Automotive on RT 228 in Mars on May 6th. They’ll have for about a week so I can let you know afterwards the results. They came highly recommended and have good customer ratings.
The shop looks incredible. I’m hopeful.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After checking around I found that neither of the Volvo dealers in Pittsburgh has their own body shop. The best I could do was a Volvo Authorized body shop. I ended up at Opeka Auto in McMurray. The estimate for mine shockingly was over $9000. That was for a new quarter panel, bumper and taillight. There are also lots of parts behind the quarter panel that all need replaced. All this was caused by backing into a guard rail at 2 mph. Opeka is going to need the car for seventeen days to fix it.

If there is any good news in all this it is that they currently are repairing another S90 with the same damage as mine. They were looking at that car when doing the estimate for mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts