SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks for your inputs so far guys.

Collected my car over the weekend and drove back home. 200 mile drive from dealership to home. Lincoln to Kent.

Just loving it, even my 3 year old son is so excited. keeps peeping out of the window and shouting "i want to go out in the Volvo XC90” :)

turned a lot of heads

I haven’t been able to try a lot of features yet. Will try them soon.
My initial observations.

1. Collection - handover process was good overall. I was at the dealership for just over 2 hours. People buying through finance will have an additional work of 20-30 mins signing a heap load of papers.
2. Goodies - I had asked for and got 'a tank full diesel' and '1 week drive away insurance complementary'
3. VoC - Service for 3 years provided. Haven’t explored all the functions
4. Polestar - got the polestar upgrade done and gearbox is so responsive. I could feel the difference between the car I test drove in May to this one. One thing to note is that the polestar badge may not be readily available with the dealer, like in my case. It will be sent by post.
5. Large size SUV but drives like a small car, easy to manoeuvre around. Used PA II on the motorway and drive was effortless. Combined with Adaptive cruise control. driving was never so easy. Just loving it.
6. Sensus - No issue with Sensus display so far (no reboots or freezing). Tried to recreate some of the scenarios reported by other members on the forum. All OK so far. Playing music can be better, or may be its me trying to get used to new system. Sound quality of the standard system is good for me.
7. Navigation - found it quick and responsive and accurate.
8. Tailgate opening worked fine 100% so far
9. Noise levels - I didn’t find it particularly intruding except for two patches on a Motorway. It is in the acceptable limits so far, again this is a subjective thing.
10. Insurances - A lot of varieties of covers were explained (tyre insurance, wheel insurance, cosmetic insurance, gap insurance, etc...), I haven't taken anything so far. Asked for some extra time to decide.

Happy with the purchase so far and looking forward to a lot of long drives. Driving is effortless in this car.

As I had mentioned earlier there are a lot of features I am yet to explore. so I have only got this positive feedback so far :)

Note - Some of the detail is specific to members in UK.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
:thumbup:congratulations!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congratulations!

Last month I went on a 2-week holiday and the longest drive was about 1100km (all motorway and about 14hours including multiple stops for coffee :) ) and the drive was effortless even with just the cruise control.

I know you will love this car!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear! I'll be picking mine up in Gothenburg on the 28th of sept. Lets see some pictures!
Sure will post some soon. Not easy to directly attach pics on this forum though. Will try tonight :thumbup:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations!

Last month I went on a 2-week holiday and the longest drive was about 1100km (all motorway and about 14hours including multiple stops for coffee :) ) and the drive was effortless even with just the cruise control.

I know you will love this car!
Cool :)

Where are you located? You used term 'motorway', so guessing you are in the UK too??

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Where are you located? You used term 'motorway', so guessing you are in the UK too??
When I saw diesel and tyre I knew he wasn't in North America lol :D Congrats!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Woohoo! Congrats! Did you show your son the two "spiders" hiding in the back yet?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woohoo! Congrats! Did you show your son the two "spiders" hiding in the back yet?
LOL :)
No, not yet. he is crazy about Spiderman already and might refuse to sit in his car seat :)

Will show is this weekend and Will use it to bribe him in tough situations :cool:

·
Registered
374 Posts
:partywave: Congratulations! Happy to hear that everything is going well for you so far! Enjoy!

Let's see some pictures!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Congrats....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you :)

I haven't got many pics, will take some over the weekend.

Have a couple on my system but how do we attach them here? It seems to ask for a url link??

Should I first upload to any website and then paste the link? any known free websites for this please?

suggestions please

·
Registered
374 Posts
There are several photo hosting websites out there. I always use photobucket.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thank you :)

I haven't got many pics, will take some over the weekend.

Have a couple on my system but how do we attach them here? It seems to ask for a url link??

Should I first upload to any website and then paste the link? any known free websites for this please?

suggestions please

Congratulations!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The easiest way to upload pics is to take them using a mobile device and then upload them directly from the same device via the Tapatalk app. Uploading pics via a computer seems to be a high-friction process, for some reason (you have to upload the pic to a third party image hosting site and then link to them in your post).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Congratulations!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The easiest way to upload pics is to take them using a mobile device and then upload them directly from the same device via the Tapatalk app. Uploading pics via a computer seems to be a high-friction process, for some reason (you have to upload the pic to a third party image hosting site and then link to them in your post).
Thanks I will try this app from my android phone.

And thanks snow4me for the suggestion, will keep that backup option :)

·
Registered
216 Posts

got mine as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
got mine as well
Oooh, nice!!! Since you're in the frigid North, what do you plan to do for tires when the white stuff starts falling?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts