SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I don't post much, but I thought this might be of interest to some.

The car in question is an 06 V70R 6MT, 52K with everything IPD had available in 07, machined finish 18"pegs, etc.

You think I might have needed a new collar sleeve? When this was removed there was a shower of rust dust that presumably was the remnants of the teeth you don't see anymore.

<edit> I can't post images, but imagine a totally stripped collar- kinda hilarious.

My mechanic packed the new one with thick, sticky grease to hopefully keep moisture out, and let any play between the collar and the angle gear not be so abrasive- we'll see.

I also had horrible creaks and clunks from my suspension- I almost took advantage of Monroe's Shocktober deal but wanted to peek around first before dropping coin. As it turns out, all four poly bushings that come with the IPD swaybars (front and rear) were stretched and distorted, causing tons of play. A lack of grease didn't help either.

Finally, I had an annoying "clunk" when re-engaging the clutch on any shift that wasn't slipped softly. I was worried it was the flywheel or clutch plate, but my brilliant mechanic checked the axle nut and discovered it to be two turns loose. Tightened up, no more clunk.

The weekend the car felt brand new- having bought it with all these issues, I never had it this nice, and with only 52K on the clock, this is how it is supposed to drive. yeah.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Nothing sweeter than a great car with everything running just right.

My wife had an S-Type V8 that was the only car sweeter when it was running right - not just because it was a lovely touring car, but to have everything 'running right' on a Jag is usually a very rare, and very expensive, pleasure!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts