SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have the drive E T6 RDesign and I was looking at the GruppeM intake that VIVA has. I was wondering if anyone has sound clips of it?

Also what do you think of it in general? Sound? And throttle difference feeling?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
$800 is compelling to you for an intake ? Wow, sounds like I need to get a new job.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
In all seriousness, you will not feel a difference because it will not make a difference. It will increase noise, that's it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In all seriousness, you will not feel a difference because it will not make a difference. It will increase noise, that's it.

I figured as much, I was wondering how is sounded mainly cause I want to know if it is over obnoxious or not

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not sure if it would be a true panacea or just a placebo, but seems to me that more cool air coming in (combined with an exhaust system tweak) could create a little more actual power, and not just make it sound faster? Not for all cars but certainly for at least a turbo running modest boost pressure?

·
Registered
187 Posts
As with all mods, a tune will help take advantage of the mods. A CAI will help out at high RPM and top end, but could hurt MPG without a tune. Engineering Explained on YouTube does a pretty great job of explaining CAI and RAM intakes and pros and cons.

Look up "GruppeM Volvo" intakes on YouTube - my guess is that the intake sound itself will sound similar on the Drive-E T6. Doesn't seem as loud as the Snabb one, but Snabb has yet to make anything for the Drive-E engines and not sure if they plan to.

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I thought Erst didn't make one for the twincharged T6? At least, that's what they told me when I contacted them a few months ago.
probably not for the T6 3.0 but for 2.0 T5 T6 for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Looks interesting for the price. Is the bottom open ?

the process is;
remove the top from the original airbox and keep the bottom
remove the sensor from the tube with the top of the inbox
put the struture on top of the original bottom (with the screws)
put the sensor on the metal pipe from ERST
put the mushroom filter on the pipe and good to go

bincky said:
Who is your dealer/source for Erst parts (so that I don't have to decipher Japanese pricing, etc.)? Thanks!

-Robert
No dealer. I was lucky that a member from here bought it. It sold it to me when he sold his car.
Even with the exchange rate/fee, my credit card does not charge anything. It converts the Japanese Yen to US Dolls at market price (Stock exchange rate)
I thinking on buying other parts from them

·
Registered
64 Posts
No dealer. I was lucky that a member from here bought it. It sold it to me when he sold his car.
Even with the exchange rate/fee, my credit card does not charge anything. It converts the Japanese Yen to US Dolls at market price (Stock exchange rate)
I thinking on buying other parts from them
Thanks for the response! That makes perfect sense.

-Robert

1 - 15 of 15 Posts