SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had Volvo C30 that I sold ~5 years ago. It had AP coilovers that lowers the car 20-50mm on the front and 30-60mm on the rear. Service guy who put them told me that they were at the highest setting but to me, lowering looked more then 30mm.. I am not sure what was it in the end. I am uploading pictures so you can see.

Next week, I am going for a new C30 (2012, facelift) and would like to buy coilovers but this time better quality and was thinking of Bilstein B14. My problem is that I am not sure how low car would be on B14. I saw few pictures with B14 on c30 that I could google but 1 car was slammed good and another had too big hole between wheel and fender. I guess with lowest 50mm lowering, I would be satasfied but I am not sure is it smart to keep coilovers at the lowest settings all the time?
Hoping for your advices and some pictures if possible (ideally B14 + info at what settings are they but even other coilovers + info at which settings are they would help)

Thnx!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,895 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, few of these pictures of B14 I could google, c30 pretty often has a hole.
I am thinking of ST X coilovers now as it should be same as KW V1. Most c30 that has KW V1 look without big gap. I am just worried how hard/stiff, ride would be. I had AP coilovers before.. if it's something like that, it's ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts