SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i ignored the bad reviews on the v maxx coilovers for my v50, because i had them on my audi a4 and liked them and cause they were in my budget. I installed the fronts without the helper springs like mentioned in this v-maxx review thread

(http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?173120-V-MAXX-Coil-Over-REVIEW&highlight=maxx)

I love the look and so far the ride is nice. When i am turning the front coil overs are making a little bit of noise....almost like they are settling in? Is this the case or could it be something else?

Also for the rear install the shocks are no problem but i have a few questions about the springs and the adjusters they came with.

When taking the stock springs out is the only way to remove them with a spring compressor?
also in that thread mentioned earlier someone said to install the rear without the perches to go lower. What exactly are the perches? Is that the adjustable part that came with the v maxx? thanks for any help

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
The rear springs don't need a compressor. Remove rear sway and the bolt that holds the control arm and it will come off

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That drop looks hella sick!

·
Registered
545 Posts
so i ignored the bad reviews on the v maxx coilovers for my v50, because i had them on my audi a4 and liked them and cause they were in my budget. I installed the fronts without the helper springs like mentioned in this v-maxx review thread

(http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?173120-V-MAXX-Coil-Over-REVIEW&highlight=maxx)

I love the look and so far the ride is nice. When i am turning the front coil overs are making a little bit of noise....almost like they are settling in? Is this the case or could it be something else?

Also for the rear install the shocks are no problem but i have a few questions about the springs and the adjusters they came with.

When taking the stock springs out is the only way to remove them with a spring compressor?
also in that thread mentioned earlier someone said to install the rear without the perches to go lower. What exactly are the perches? Is that the adjustable part that came with the v maxx? thanks for any help
Lowering springs often squeak because they don't seat right against the shock or the rubber seats.

·
Registered
839 Posts
yeah i put in my ST coils about a month ago and for the first couple of weeks a kept jacking it up and re-doing everything because i kept hearing a creaking type noise whenever i turn the wheel.
i'm just gonna drive with the radio turned up, that way i wont hear it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts