SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this xc90 v8 with 126K miles, has some issues trying to make this into a daily for myself, have the po506 code which is the volvo ecm951D (thanks whoever posted that translation list) this come back as a bad ecm, thinking i will send it to xmodex for repair, the car will randomly stall, esp when backing up any other suggestions on this. Also getting the transmission hunting occasionally, but runs great on the highway and really a sweet sounding engine with a ton of power, hoping a BG Flush will fix this (like ITWONTSTOPSNOWING) , and last it will pull right when braking, thinking i will replace the control arm bushing's anything else i need to look for? do these repairs sound right. Been on here for a while now, i have two of these xc90's an '08 3.2 as well as a c70 coupe (98) and have saved a ton in repair costs so thanks SS

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will send it in for a quick check over on Monday, Another issue is when I'm stopped at a light, it really is pushing against the brakes, and making a low (Bass) hum sound that stops as soon as i put it in neutral, i have done a search and found very little info on this, but will be checking for any vacuum leaks as well, any other suggestions?
Matt

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some More questions, i have taken this car to a shop that has a lot of experience with the Volvo XC70, but almost none with the xc90, they agree that the car needs a new tranny, i'm having a hard time with this because i want to try the BG Tranny Flush, and see what that does, but its 250.00 here, and if the tranny is bad i could use every penny for that (Kind of a catch 22 i think). Also will tranny's from other model years and other engines work (IE the 2007/2008 3.2) or is this a v8 exclusive. And lastly is this a hard job, does anyone know what the alldata guide says is the time allowed for this?
Thanks
SS
Matt

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
250 is a decent price for a flush and that is also well within negotiation range if it has to get replaced.. if you can't swing the BG flush, you can try at least doing a driveway flush with 12-14 qts of mobile 3309 fluid.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had the pull when braking. Tried new rotors, etc. Ended up being the front control arm bushings allowing a slight toe change when first hitting brake pedal. New arms cleared it up good as new.
Robert

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so still have the high idle surge against the breaks when stopped in gear, I have done the BG flush, and the Toyota trans fluid, replaced the trans computer with a new one, new tires, brakes, battery and the car runs a lot better, still getting the surge at at full stop, trans in drive otherwise this thing runs great any suggestions, I do also have slight flare on shifting when i really step on it, otherwise not, still thinking I need a valve body, and suggestions or bite the bullet and new/used tranny time?

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
so still have the high idle surge against the breaks when stopped in gear, I have done the BG flush, and the Toyota trans fluid, replaced the trans computer with a new one, new tires, brakes, battery and the car runs a lot better, still getting the surge at at full stop, trans in drive otherwise this thing runs great any suggestions, I do also have slight flare on shifting when i really step on it, otherwise not, still thinking I need a valve body, and suggestions or bite the bullet and new/used tranny time?
Here's a way to check and see if your transmission has a known valve body issue:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ssion-Valve-Body-Issue-amp-Serial-Number-Info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts