SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting this code from time to time on my 97 wagon. I replaced the gas cap, the dealer replaced the evap. valve (?), but I am still getting the code. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Re: code P0442, evap emmission control system leak (baldguy)

there is a smoke test the dealer can perform in about an hour..they inject the evap system with smoke to see where the leak is...the volvo trouble code is
611.612 or 4308 for this issue

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: code P0442, evap emmission control system leak (lowbumpeR)

Thanks for the info. I looked at the hoses and couldn't see anything obviously wrong. Then I cleared the code and it hasn't come back in about 4 days of driving. But if it does I will ask the dealer to run it down.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

If it comes back have them check the pressur sensor on top of the gas tank.
Sometimes the gas station tries to squezze that little extra in at the end and the pressur sensor takes a hit. Sometimes even the Rollover Valve.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

If it comes back have them check the Pressure Sensor on top of the gas tank.
Sometimes the gas station tries to squezze that little extra in at the end and the pressure sensor takes a hit. Sometimes even the Rollover Valve.

Also have you had Recall 140? If the tank is leaking at the shield mounts it will cause some codes also.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

The rollover valve is a device to prevent fuel leakage in the event you roll the car onto its roof. Without this valve in place, the fuel will gush from the tank out to the ground and create a nasty hazard.

There is also a chance that the gaskets in the fuel pump lid area or sending unit area are leaking. I have seen this happen before but it generally will cause a P0455 code since it's a larger leak.

Good luck and cheers,
Prospero

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: code P0442, evap emmission control system leak (854T5)

Among other things...it has more than one purpose...

I was just generalizing for the sake of time and patience.

Cheers,
Prospero

BTW, conrgats on the interesting dyno results!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts