SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safest to take this to the Volvo dealer to check out and fix since they more or less have a warranty that if the code comes back they will have to fix it at no additional charge?

My reasoning due to there are so many possible causes for this.

- Fuel pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel pressure sensor electrical circuit poor connection
- Faulty fuel pump
- Fuel line restricted
- Faulty fuel pressure regulator
- Faulty fuel pressure sensor

At least when I searched on it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...

·
Registered
796 Posts
If you paid a dealer to fix the P0089 code and then the code came back, I would take it back to them. Otherwise getting it hooked up to VIDA to see what the actual code is would be best. I have that code currently coming up in my R and since it still drives fine, I haven't put much effort into fixing it. Although I think my fuel mileage is suffering so I'm about ready to dive into it now. In my case the Volvo DTC is ECM-211A Fuel Pressure - Faulty Signal. I have a new fuel filter that I will put in soon and I'll continue on from that if it doesn't go away.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check the connector lines to the fuel filter. On my car I had the same problem, so I decided to put on a new fuel filter and the code went away for a week ... then came back. "What the hell ... why?" So I surmised the quick release connectors move around possibly causing a minor fuel pressure fluctuation so I wrapped the fuel filter with a cut rubber hose (old 3/8" fuel line hose) and each side of the connections and secured the hose with plastic ties. The connectors are snug, problem solved. No more bloody P0089 code.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
If you have a code reader see what the conditions are of the code. On mine it was idle/startup and my code reader said it was a fuel performance issue. I would clear the code and then restart, no code. Shut off, wait a minute and then turn back on the the code would pop up on idle everytime.

After doing some R forum searching I feel it is either the FPS on the fuel rail or the internal fuel regulator on the pump. Since the FPS is much cheaper than a pump (if you get the LR part) I got that first and am about to install this weekend. Plenty of write ups on it if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Check the connector lines to the fuel filter. On my car I had the same problem, so I decided to put on a new fuel filter and the code went away for a week ... then came back. "What the hell ... why?" So I surmised the quick release connectors move around possibly causing a minor fuel pressure fluctuation so I wrapped the fuel filter with a cut rubber hose (old 3/8" fuel line hose) and each side of the connections and secured the hose with plastic ties. The connectors are snug, problem solved. No more bloody P0089 code.
Pics of this fix? I'm curious to try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.