SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
COBB just announced their accessport being available for the 2013 Focus ST. Does anyone know if that's a Volvo engine still? If so, does it use the Bosch ECU? If this is the case, it would be a simple 1.2.3. for them to offer those for the R's.

- nevermind - it looks like they're taking a ripoff of the speed3 with the direct injection 4 banger.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
COBB just announced their accessport being available for the 2013 Focus ST. Does anyone know if that's a Volvo engine still? If so, does it use the Bosch ECU? If this is the case, it would be a simple 1.2.3. for them to offer those for the R's.

- nevermind - it looks like they're taking a ripoff of the speed3 with the direct injection 4 banger.
who does the tuning on the focus rs in europe?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure there's someone, there's also probably multiple companies who tune the R for that matter. Actually, I've been taking some heavy consideration on opening a franchise - Eurocharged. I just happen to know the owner... He offered me %50 off his retail franchise with all the equipment, and apparently his tune will do 390 BHP for the R stock, however they've never tuned any Volvo's here in the states, so we don't know how good the tune really is. Either way, I can get one for you lol

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I'm sure there's someone, there's also probably multiple companies who tune the R for that matter. Actually, I've been taking some heavy consideration on opening a franchise - Eurocharged. I just happen to know the owner... He offered me %50 off his retail franchise with all the equipment, and apparently his tune will do 390 BHP for the R stock, however they've never tuned any Volvo's here in the states, so we don't know how good the tune really is. Either way, I can get one for you lol
I think 390hp on a stock car is being a little optimistic.. But then again I don't know too much about tuning. But, if you can find out more from those that have had the tune and had it for some time, that would be a good start.. Do you know if they tune also based on mods on the car? I think that would be awesome if you open your own franchise.... and I'm sure there would be plenty of people interested in it..

·
Registered
501 Posts

I wouldn't call the 2.0 ecoboost engine a ripoff of the Mazda MZR DISI, at least not like the 5 cylinder that was in the old RS.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts

Not quite. The P1 Volvo uses Bosch ME9.x, whereas the P2 Volvo uses Bosch ME7.x. They are very different engine management systems, from both a hardware and software perspective.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
every car manufacturer out there is making a 2.0L direct injection turbo engine these days...

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
every car manufacturer out there is making a 2.0L direct injection turbo engine these days...
This is sorta true.. Imagine if the R were direct injection... omg.... I would be so happy.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
it depends, the best tune out there is JW from autotech. Newer ST´s and RS if there is any has special lock to avoid people to tune it but soon it will be out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think 390hp on a stock car is being a little optimistic.. But then again I don't know too much about tuning. But, if you can find out more from those that have had the tune and had it for some time, that would be a good start.. Do you know if they tune also based on mods on the car? I think that would be awesome if you open your own franchise.... and I'm sure there would be plenty of people interested in it..
I could be wrong but I'm going to say no way would you get 390hp out of a stock motor with the tune WHILE using 91 octane.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could be wrong but I'm going to say no way would you get 390hp out of a stock motor with the tune WHILE using 91 octane.
Not with 91. 93 is doable - with a GOOD tune, probably not a very safe tune though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts