SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed to pull out the tranny due to release bearing failure anyway. I'm glad I decised to change the flywheel/clutch. The flywheel had a tonne of play in it!

Sachs Race engineering pressure plate.

New SM flywheel machined

Stock disc with sprung hub. From a V50 Diesel (Same stuff on 2006-> R)

Flywheel and PP is balanced to zero tolerance.

Bolted up! Need to get some seals and oil for the transmission tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Let us know in a few days how you like it. Performance report and all.

Just crossed 120k miles here, original stock clutch and flywheel still. Flywheel is getting chatty, clunking when shutting off engine, noisy when shifting, so its on the list for end of summer. Hoping to get down to Doron in Ft Lauderdale to do the labor.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Let us know in a few days how you like it. Performance report and all.

Just crossed 120k miles here, original stock clutch and flywheel still. Flywheel is getting chatty, clunking when shutting off engine, noisy when shifting, so its on the list for end of summer. Hoping to get down to Doron in Ft Lauderdale to do the labor.
Mine was clunking at shutoff when I got the car 20K miles ago.. (with 48K miles) Friends R's have the same noise.. I don't think it has anything to do with age.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
wow single mas...really interesting.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today I had the opportunity testing the clutch setup. It works really well! Some more pedal force is needed, but it's not that much.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Today I had the opportunity testing the clutch setup. It works really well! Some more pedal force is needed, but it's not that much.
Is there any noise or chatter? How is driving it on a regular road? Smoother than the dual mass?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is some chatter on certain rpm's in neutral but not too bad. Drivability is like stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts